Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: LML Will not build over ~22PSI of boost

Yeah. Tony is doing good figuring all this stuff out and only using what efi has to offer. I haven't quite perfected the rumble. But I'll get back to it as soon as I get the motor in my LLY back in 1 piece. Shiny engine parts from the machine shop can get a little distracting
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

I got the truck that started this post to build over 22psi of boost. And the fix was somewhat obvious after you stumbled onto it. The issue and the reason it took so long is that the description for the table needed to be modified is misleading and to anyone taking it at face value would skip right over the table. If I can offer some advice its don't necessarily trust the descriptions of the tables, be suspicious of them all. If you think logically through what the truck may be doing and why it may be limiting.

I now have the truck riding what I would assume is a upper vane position table (sits around 50% now under load instead of opening right up). Boost I believe at this point is limited to actual heat being generated from the burn as adding more fuel increases the boost as you would expect.

I have not had much success with the rumble yet as when I finally got the turbo to push some air it was getting pretty late. Although I bet knowing what I know now it should be possible to take control of it a bit more than I previously thought.

Not saying I have it solved for every truck, but for the 11's we managed to get a pretty good grasp on it.

More than willing to help out anyone who has helped me over the past summer. Many of you have been great and helpful!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    The issue and the reason it took so long is that the description for the table needed to be modified is misleading and to anyone taking it at face value would skip right over the table. If I can offer some advice its don't necessarily trust the descriptions of the tables, be suspicious of them all. If you think logically through what the truck may be doing and why it may be limiting.
    Will you be posting your findings in the beta forum, or emailing them directly to me Mitch?

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    And the fix was somewhat obvious after you stumbled onto it. The issue and the reason it took so long is that the description for the table needed to be modified is misleading and to anyone taking it at face value would skip right over the table. If I can offer some advice its don't necessarily trust the descriptions of the tables, be suspicious of them all.
    I would agree Mitch, until someone offers EFILive a one month training course at Bosch with official documentation on how this ECM works then I am not sure what else I can offer apart from what we think the table does.
    I will happily change the description for whatever table it was to suit what it actually does, it is not the first time such things have been discovered and it won't be the last, such is the world of what we do, nothing is a guarantee unless you work at GM and you have a direct line to Germany for help.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

We need a Bosch Mole............to get us the "PAPERS" we need.

LOL
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

LOL ^^^ Aint that the truth!
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    We need a Bosch Mole............to get us the "PAPERS" we need.

LOL
    Try reading the papers.... When terms such as tbchErrPos_div-threshold of error position during mode of TbcherrNeg1

Those types of terms leave me VERY thankful for efilive making my life easier in many places. Ross interprets the data better than anyone I know. I helped a lot in the MCC stuff and the terms in there... Well, not quite as descriptive as Ross! Haha
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

My sons got a girl that is very fluent in German.........she can read it and write it, what she can do with the manual, well..........ACHTUNG BABY

LOL
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Kory, so you have some sort of manual on this ecu?

Quote Originally Posted by RADustin View Post
    Kory, so you have some sort of manual on this ecu?
    Tons and tons of time, broken ecus, parts, and wanting to shoot myself in the face.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast