Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LML Will not build over ~22PSI of boost

Perfectly fine, I know you guys are busy.

I would love to see a run where the truck is making its desired boost and not opening up before the targets are reached.

Dont get me wrong the trucks run great, its just when one my customers gets a edge insight or boost probe it becomes apparent. The argument against this however is that the truck is already running very clean at ~25psi, so the extra air is not required. But again if you look anywhere online guys are setting duramax's to ~28-30psi, myself included. I will continue to do more testing on my end and if I find a trick to get around the problem I will post it up.

The only thing I can comment on is that I see the target boost, but Mitco is correct that I see very often the actual position go to 0%.

In fact the 2012 OS still has weird vane tables with all the TIS files I have been pulling they do not display correctly.

If I have time I will send you the .ctz and .bins Ross, I will do some more testing, but for now I cannot offer much else, perhaps move this to LML Beta ?
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

I have found that maxing out the compressor map, and the 3 efficiency tables keep the actual position from dropping down below ~27 percent. If I leave these values stock then the turbo opens right up. If you look at the axis's of these tables you can probably draw some guesses as to whats happening. I believe the ECU is monitoring turbo shaft speed and causing these issues.

I originally posted it here just to see if any other LML guys had anything to contradict what I am seeing on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    The only anomaly I have with the 2012 OS is that at around 150-160 degrees I lose the 20% Rumble vane position, when the engine is cold its fine and its hit or miss depending on the trucks, some guys have lost it at that temp transition while others have no issues with the target position staying at 20% at idle.

My own personal truck is set to factory target positions because it won't keep the rumble/20% in drive or park but it rumbles in reverse, quite strange for sure.

But I am making the target boost
    I can agree wit this as well... We have a 2011 and it will rumble and keep the 20% vane, but once it warms up it will loose it. Reflash it and it will hold rumble, then make a few changes non turbo related and reflash and may or may not loose rumble... its hit or miss... if I make a change and i loose rumble, i usually just reflash the same tune once or twice more and Ill have rumble again. Its weird.... but I always build desired boost. I can get it to hit 35 if i ask no problems at all. So idk about that part. But its always hitting the 30-31 psi mark i have set for it no problem. Usually maintains about 22-28% vane pos.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

TIf I have time I will send you the .ctz and .bins Ross, I will do some more testing, but for now I cannot offer much else, perhaps move this to LML Beta ?
    Please don't, I won't be looking at them Tony and I'll forget all about it.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    I can agree wit this as well... We have a 2011 and it will rumble and keep the 20% vane, but once it warms up it will loose it. Reflash it and it will hold rumble, then make a few changes non turbo related and reflash and may or may not loose rumble... its hit or miss... if I make a change and i loose rumble, i usually just reflash the same tune once or twice more and Ill have rumble again. Its weird.... but I always build desired boost. I can get it to hit 35 if i ask no problems at all. So idk about that part. But its always hitting the 30-31 psi mark i have set for it no problem. Usually maintains about 22-28% vane pos.
    Could I ask to see just a screenshot of a log? Maybe its just the 12+ trucks that are doing this? I havent got my hands on a 11 since I decided to dig into this more.

Default LML Will not build over ~22PSI of boost

I've had this issue, but only on the 15s. I have put a sledgehammer in place to "fix" it, but isn't my complete fix... Just works for now until I have a 15 in house for a few days.

I use a 11 OS (swap in other segs to make work) for all 11-14 trucks so maybe that's why I haven't had the issue before. I'm pretty certain I know what the cause is, but until I have a truck in house I can't test my theories, but I'm quite certain I'll find it.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

I just ran some test/logs.

2012 OS has similar data on logs, in park/neutral load is around 13-15%, in Drive it increases to 28%, no rumble but if you put it in Reverse load will increase to over 38% and rumble returns, same thing when coasting on the road/highway, load has to increase to over 30% only on the 2012 OS to get the vanes to go to any value other than 94%.

This is the only OS I have trouble with, I know something is missing as far as tables because I set all target vane tables in the "OPEN LOOP" to 20% and ran test and it still goes to 94% to ether a table is missing or a limiter or add-on, but for whatever the reason only the 2012 OS is being a PITA.

I am thinking a "SLEDGE HAMMER" may be needed to permanently fix the issue.
    www.mscservices.net

I just ran some test/logs.

2012 OS has similar data on logs, in park/neutral load is around 13-15%, in Drive it increases to 28%, no rumble but if you put it in Reverse load will increase to over 38% and rumble returns, same thing when coasting on the road/highway, load has to increase to over 30% only on the 2012 OS to get the vanes to go to any value other than 94%.

This is the only OS I have trouble with, I know something is missing as far as tables because I set all target vane tables in the "OPEN LOOP" to 20% and ran test and it still goes to 94% to ether a table is missing or a limiter or add-on, but for whatever the reason only the 2012 OS is being a PITA.

I am thinking a "SLEDGE HAMMER" may be needed to permanently fix the issue.
    Can you confirm that under lets say 60-75 percent throttle the truck was meeting boost requirements without prematurely opening the vains? I have not played with the idle rumble much on my end yet.

I have seen avg vane% of 74% to as low as 45% and meets target boost, but at WOT it still drops to 0% vane but does make boost.

I am not too concerned with the 0%, I am loading a new tune now for 35psi and we will see what that makes vs. vane %
    www.mscservices.net

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast