Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: LML Will not build over ~22PSI of boost

Quote Originally Posted by RADustin View Post
    My comment was not aimed at efilive at all!
    Just this discussion hit a brick wall.
    Oh ok, sorry
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by RADustin View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Probably not.

Nowadays it seems like everyone is all up for discussion and fishing until they find the solution, then its all "oh go fly a kite and find it yourself". I remember when we were ALL new at this stuff in late 2005 early 2006 (contrary to popular belief or what people would like us to believe, they, and myself, and everyone else in the world werent born with all this amazing knowledge of tuning)....no one was afraid to bounce ideas around and share things. What happened?

Honestly, IMO its not even worth anyone's time asking for diesel tuning help online anymore........
    Last edited by DURAtotheMAX; September 15th, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Probably not.

Nowadays it seems like everyone is all up for discussion and fishing until they find the solution, then its all "oh go fly a kite and find it yourself". I remember when we were ALL new at this stuff in late 2005 early 2006 (contrary to popular belief or what people would like us to believe, they, and myself, and everyone else in the world werent born with all this amazing knowledge of tuning)....no one was afraid to bounce ideas around and share things. What happened?

Honestly, IMO its not even worth anyone's time asking for diesel tuning help online anymore........
    You also need to consider that back in the "good old days" there were only a small number of combinations to be tested to get that pot of gold at the bottom of the rainbow....now those combinations increase 10 fold or further due to the complexity and number of tables.

Is the change really a lack of sharing, or is it that not enough people have tried the possible combinations to figure out the result? Human nature is to try a few times, then as results come back negative people get disgruntled and stop. The more knock backs, the fewer people looking.....and the bigger the reward for those who do continue...

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    You also need to consider that back in the "good old days" there were only a small number of combinations to be tested to get that pot of gold at the bottom of the rainbow....now those combinations increase 10 fold or further due to the complexity and number of tables.

Is the change really a lack of sharing, or is it that not enough people have tried the possible combinations to figure out the result? Human nature is to try a few times, then as results come back negative people get disgruntled and stop. The more knock backs, the fewer people looking.....and the bigger the reward for those who do continue...

Cheers
    Cindy
    I will say this, I did not need anything in hex that was not yet mapped in efi live. As was stated it was not what was changed but what needed to be left alone.

I spent over 60 hours trying a ton of changes until I found what I needed to alter and what I needed to leave alone.

Think of the speed limiter, leaving certain things alone was necessary to keep the exhaust brake and or cruise control working while only having to alter certain tables.

This was by far the most frustrating thing to figure out.

Tony
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    I will say this, I did not need anything in hex that was not yet mapped in efi live. As was stated it was not what was changed but what needed to be left alone.

I spent over 60 hours trying a ton of changes until I found what I needed to alter and what I needed to leave alone.

Think of the speed limiter, leaving certain things alone was necessary to keep the exhaust brake and or cruise control working while only having to alter certain tables.

Tony
    Gonna have to agree with Tony on this....

These things like the minimum amount of changes possible. The more you change, the higher chance that you are gonna have problems of some sorts. Simple is better with these things.

Everything needed to do deletes is in EFI, as it turns out. But finding that correct combination is the key and the most frustrating thing. But once you figure it out, you end up kicking yourself because of how simple it is and how much you were over thinking it. The LML truely is one of those, make one SMALL change and then another small one. If those don't work, try a different approach to it. As tony said, the speed limiter is a perfect example of this kind of LML mentality.

But as it stands, the people that have had questions, I don't mind answering or helping them out, if you ask. To return the favor that was given to me.
    Last edited by Chavez91; September 15th, 2014 at 06:34 PM.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post

Tony

Good to know Tony,

So your building your commanded boost now (whatever it is you set it to)? You also have the vanes staying open at idle with no funny business going on? Good to know its in the software currently.

Thanks

Mitch

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    Gonna have to agree with Tony on this....

These things like the minimum amount of changes possible. The more you change, the higher chance that you are gonna have problems of some sorts. Simple is better with these things.

Everything needed to do deletes is in EFI, as it turns out. But finding that correct combination is the key and the most frustrating thing. But once you figure it out, you end up kicking yourself because of how simple it is and how much you were over thinking it. The LML truely is one of those, make one SMALL change and then another small one. If those don't work, try a different approach to it. As tony said, the speed limiter is a perfect example of this kind of LML mentality.

But as it stands, the people that have had questions, I don't mind answering or helping them out, if you ask. To return the favor that was given to me.

...so what's the answer then.

Cool to see you guys can do it in the software... I got it to work, but i was playing in the matrix to make it work... Now (one day) i will have to go try and make it work without the matrix tricks. Good work tony!
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    Cool to see you guys can do it in the software... I got it to work, but i was playing in the matrix to make it work... Now (one day) i will have to go try and make it work without the matrix tricks. Good work tony!
    Keep your sledgehammer close by, never know when you need to swing it at a fly to kill it.

I'll post a screen shot of a log, raining here now and I don't need the traction control having fits at 525 RWHP and 35psi of boost...........LOL
    www.mscservices.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    Good to know Tony,

So your building your commanded boost now (whatever it is you set it to)? You also have the vanes staying open at idle with no funny business going on? Good to know its in the software currently.

Thanks

Mitch
    Yes, so far so good, no issues with anything at cold or full op/temps, set it for 10, 20, 50 doesn't matter, stays where I put.

Now redoing 2011, 2013-2014 base files and cross testing, that sucked.....but its done.

Plus the extra boost makes for better use of the traction control, that light is getting annoying fast.
    www.mscservices.net

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast