Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DEF Speed limiter

What if you turn them all off and then only turn on the ones to get the truck to start just to see if one of the can messages may be misnamed?

Its not so much about them being named wrong as it is knowing which messages to disable. The Unknown/unnamed ones do serve a purpose, its just which ones to turn off and leave on. Like dansdieselp said, turn the wrong ones off and you could loose other functions that require communication from other modules. Its just alot of experimenting and a hint of luck. Combinations..... Its the bit word with the LML Deletes.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

All I am saying is do not trust the labels on the canbus messages as it would be very possible that one could be the egr function and if its named in such a way as like "fuel system status" you would look right over it. If I had a LML to play with full time thats where I would start personally. Work backwards through them, you might even find that other issues are solved this way. I know it would be very very time consuming to do so, but what isn't when trying to get these trucks to run.

Thats all im saying, I know that this is how I found out how to make the truck build any boost I am calling for and not fall off at 22 psi.

Just an idea.

Just don't forget the hundreds of hours Ross puts into these tables. The man takes pride in the product they offer. I'm sure he wouldn't list a table or parameter unless he was sure of what it did.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY

To understand fully what a table means is like brain surgery. I wish people could understand how truly complicated it is to do what Ross does. EFILIVE does a amazing job on deciphering what things are, and on top of that they do it without even having a truck in front of them!

The labels they use are 95% of the time absolutely accurate and if they aren't sure they will normally put unknown. How they do this without a truck, amazing.... I will always have the utmost respect for Ross and Paul.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Josh,

this is no way a dig at the work EFI Live does.This E86 is a bag of worms for everyone not just us. I was simply suggesting another way to go about it.

Take it or leave it. But at the end of the day when you played with all the unknowns then you have to start suspecting the others. That is if it is even possible, which no one knows until someone puts in the time.

Like Kory said they somehow do this without a local truck to play with. I am starting to think they are secretly in the US or Mexico during their development process :P

Lifetime Member

Robert,

I just emailed you a cax to use. I think it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    Josh,

this is no way a dig at the work EFI Live does.This E86 is a bag of worms for everyone not just us. I was simply suggesting another way to go about it.

Take it or leave it. But at the end of the day when you played with all the unknowns then you have to start suspecting the others. That is if it is even possible, which no one knows until someone puts in the time.

Like Kory said they somehow do this without a local truck to play with. I am starting to think they are secretly in the US or Mexico during their development process :P
    No biggie buddy, not trying to bash you.

Its not the Labled tables that Im concerned with/interested in.... its the unknown/unlabled ones. Because Im thinking by 2015 there are more used CAN messages then what was used in the 2011's and they are some of the unlabled ones. Ive been there where you feel you've tried everything.... and question them.... usually starting fresh with a different approach has worked pretty well for me and that is one way of going about it.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY

For sure Josh. Right now the 15s ive done have the EGR intact and I have not come across this issue so I have no real experience with it.

I like the adaptive cruise CAN messages.

Obviously the 2015+ K2XX platform supports adaptive cruise because the SUV's have it. Since the SUV electrical system is obviously (99%) the same as the pickup trucks, I cant help but wonder if it would be possible to retrofit adaptive cruise. If I had unlimited funds, I would buy a 2015 and sure as hell would try!!

Only issue is the ABS module though. Obviously adaptive cruise is integrated with ABS because adaptive cruise needs to be able to command rapid brake apply without the driver touching the brakes. Both the SUV's and the truckse use TRW EBC460 ABS-module hardware, but the pump motors may or may not be slightly different due to the fact that I would think adaptive cruise braking would need a pretty powerful/efficient pump to be able to build enough pre-charge pressure to apply all 4 brakes simultaneously during an adaptive-cruise brake request event (as opposed to a basic oversteer-understeer ESC/TCS event where generally only one or two wheel circuits require pressure build)...

Just a rambling/something I got a kick out of the first time I looked at LML CAN messages. Im sure it (adaptive cruise) will get to the HD's within the next year or two. GM has already done the R&D on adaptive cruise for the K2XX SUV's, and Ford has it available on the new 2015 F-150, so it would only make sense that the pickup trucks will get it very soon.

It would just be cool to have the first one....

Sorry for the off topic
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast