Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DEF Speed limiter

You and your retrofits! I remember seeing your work all the time when I hung out on diesel place and duramax forum. Not enough time in the day to spend as much time on there as I like. But if someone can figure it out I am sure its you.

Guys, please take note of the warning......

You would normally only alter this table for engine conversions where different vehicle platforms require different messages to be enabled or disabled or engine swaps where no other GM modules are present.
    ** IMPORTANT ** DO NOT ALTER THIS TABLE IF YOU ARE UNSURE WHAT YOU ARE DOING, RESULTS OF SHUTTING OFF OR ENABLING MESSAGES MAY RESULT IN UNPREDICTABLE VEHICLE OPERATION.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Maybe a ZF6 swap
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Lifetime Member

Just figured I would update this, it's been a while since I've messed with this truck but it has been trouble free for 1500+ miles with no codes or speed limiters. I turned everything off related to scr/dpf ect....... still had speed limiters at 150-175 miles. If I remember correctly the trouble was the NOX sensor settings in the vehicle options folder that finally fixed it. Thanks to everyone that had any input if someone is struggling with this I will gladly help.
    Last edited by rcr1978; October 23rd, 2014 at 06:39 PM.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dansdieselp View Post
    Maybe a ZF6 swap
    Now that would be badass
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Newbie to this forum,,, please forgive me if this might be covered somewhere else... I had a 2013 LML tuned recently and now I have a message on the DIC stating that the Emissions System needs to be checked -175 miles to 65 mph. It counts down as I drive it but resets to 175 miles once the truck sits for a while. Also when flashing the truck, the code is gone while driving the first time post flash. Once you turn the key off for approximately 2-5 minutes and then turn back on the message is back on the DIC. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
    Newbie to this forum,,, please forgive me if this might be covered somewhere else... I had a 2013 LML tuned recently and now I have a message on the DIC stating that the Emissions System needs to be checked -175 miles to 65 mph. It counts down as I drive it but resets to 175 miles once the truck sits for a while. Also when flashing the truck, the code is gone while driving the first time post flash. Once you turn the key off for approximately 2-5 minutes and then turn back on the message is back on the DIC. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    We ran into this same issue on a 14. We fixed it by leaving egr valve and throttle controls enabled and unplugged every dpf, egr, and nox sensors and the 9th injector solenoid and the throttle valve. So anything relating to emissions unplug it. Don't forget the nox sensor on the firewall. Not sure what killed it, but no issue since then.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Thanks! Will give that a try and let you know!!

Quote Originally Posted by dansdieselp View Post
    We ran into this same issue on a 14. We fixed it by leaving egr valve and throttle controls enabled and unplugged every dpf, egr, and nox sensors and the 9th injector solenoid and the throttle valve. So anything relating to emissions unplug it. Don't forget the nox sensor on the firewall. Not sure what killed it, but no issue since then.
    I narrowed it down to the throttle valve. Keep that enabled and you're good to go.

Thanks guys,, much appreciated! We'll try reflashing it tomorrow and I'll post how it goes...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast