Thread: $06FF code

Default $06FF code

got a 05 sierra with a auto cal tune, tune has been in for a couple years with no problems then it seemed like the trans tune started to come out of it.
    thought I would re upload the tune and got a $06FF code. now all I get is a $0281 code and it wont connect to the truck anymore.
    any suggestions.

Thank, mitch

lighter fuse is good and truck wont crank or do anything

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GREENSIERRA View Post
    got a 05 sierra with a auto cal tune, tune has been in for a couple years with no problems then it seemed like the trans tune started to come out of it.
    thought I would re upload the tune and got a $06FF code. now all I get is a $0281 code and it wont connect to the truck anymore.
    any suggestions.

Thank, mitch
    $6FF means the calibration data was corrupted while being sent from AutoCal to the ECM. The only recovery for that is to try reflashing it again. You should not be getting the $0281 error. If your setup is an LBZ/Allison then remove battery power, wiat 20 seconds, then reconnect. Then retry flashing.

I also highly recommend making sure you've updated to the latest available V8 software which contains the latest firmware for your AutoCal. After installing the V8 software, run the EFILive Scan and Tune software and click on the [Check Firmware] button to ensure all the firwmare and config files are up to date on your AutoCal.
    Available here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...te-Jul-19-2014

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Check the pcm b fuse (20A) in the under hood fuse block its to the left of the fuel pump relay. It is a pcm constant hot that also powers the fuel pump. It blew on me when i was trying to figure out a stalling problem and i thought i bricked the pcm because i was getting the same error and no connection. Found the fuse and hurray pcm was fine fuel pump was my problem.

we ended up swapping ECMs with another one that we had and the truck worked fine.
    I went to upload a tune into another truck yesterday and I was able to upload the TCM but when I went to upload the ECM tune I got a 502 code and I was not even able to read the stock tune.
    I have the most up to date firmware and everything along with the right config files.
    when I would try and connect to the truck it was saying something about not being able to connect to roadrunner.
    any ideas on what it could be guys? the guy yesterday lives 2.5hrs away and I was not able to tune his truck

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Any message about the Roadrunner could only come from the V7 software. AutoCal is not designed to be used with the V7 software for reading/flashing duties. If you want to use pass-thru reading/flashing with AutoCal you must use the V8 software.

The $0502 error means that the XXX_Y.obj file* is not present in the [CONFIG] tab pag eof the AutoCal. Those *.obj files are automatically copied to your AutoCal when you use the [Program] option in the [F5: BBX] tab page of the V8 software.
    * where XXX is the ECM type, such as "E35A" and Y is either R, W or F for read, cal-flash or full-flash respectively.

Given that you said all the correct config files are on the device, that leaves another possibility: that the file that you are trying to flash may be incorrectly tagged with some other controller type that does not match any of the config files on your device. Can you email me the *.ctz (or *.coz) file that you are trying to flash and I'll check to see if there is a problem with the file. Email it to paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I have a auto cal and a V2 and the 2012 I was trying to tune I was using the V2. the 05 was with the auto cal

Thanks for the help!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files