Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No start.

Default No start.

After programing the PCM, the engine will fire only in the start position, I have to momentarily disconnect the battery for the engine to start and run normally. It happened for the first time today, three different times.

Thanks, Curt
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

First thing, please make sure you turn the IGN off and leave off for about 5 seconds after reflashing (about 10secs on 2003+ vehicles).
    Don't try to restart the car without doing so.

Try this and let us know how you go

Cheers,
    Ross

Ross, when the "remove key" window comes up, I click on OK and remove the key for the 15 sec. count. I did this six times yesterday also in SCAN, I delete the list of DTCs but they all come back until I disconnect the battery. Most are com. codes.

Thanks, Curt
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by curtbriggs
    Ross, when the "remove key" window comes up, I click on OK and remove the key for the 15 sec. count. I did this six times yesterday also in SCAN, I delete the list of DTCs but they all come back until I disconnect the battery. Most are com. codes.

Thanks, Curt
    Hmmmmmm..... I'm Having a similar prob with my Vette. In fact it's on the Charger now as I ran the battery down screwing with a bunch of repeating codes. I pulled all sorts of fuses which usually works for the TAC and/or BCM module. The MIL (Check Engine) stays lit and the codes reurn Most are com codes (TAC and BCM) and a recurrent P0120 TPS.
    I'll post back in awhile after I recharge.

Cheers,
    joel

Joel, Paul recommends using the battery charger while scanning to keep the voltage up otherwise FlashScan will reject or not work when the voltage drops. See my thread on PCM back up, Paul's reply is in there.
    Curt

Hmmmmmm..... I'm Having a similar prob with my Vette. In fact it's on the Charger now as I ran the battery down screwing with a bunch of repeating codes. I pulled all sorts of fuses which usually works for the TAC and/or BCM module. The MIL (Check Engine) stays lit and the codes reurn Most are com codes (TAC and BCM) and a recurrent P0120 TPS.
    I'll post back in awhile after I recharge.

Cheers,
    joel[/quote]

Lifetime Member

Thanks!
    I will try this:

There may be one or more modules on your vehicle that are not listed in the [OBDII (F7)] tab page [MODs] subpage. If that is the case and if one of those modules has a DTC set then EFILive will not clear it.

EFILive attempts to autodetect all modules on the class 2 bus. However some modules do not respond to EFILive's queries, so EFILive assumes those modules do not exist.

There is an option in the Properties window on the [Advanced] tab page called: "Check/Clear DTCs for all modules.", make sure that is checked.

There is another option in the Properties window on the [Options] tab page in the [General] group, called "Active module detection.". If you check that check box then EFILive may be able to detect otherwise undetectable modules.

WARNING: with Active module detection." checked, EFILive attempts to locate modules by "resetting" them instead of just passively pinging them. This can cause undesired results, such as radio station presets and HVAC settings being cleared. Which is why that option is not checked on by default.

Regards
    Paul
    Cheers,
    joel

Joel, I went out to the shop and find my battery dead also, left that stupid interior light switch in the on detent last night.

Did this: There is an option in the Properties window on the [Advanced] tab page called: "Check/Clear DTCs for all modules.", make sure that is checked.

It was checked. I canceled reporting on P0420 and P0430 and disabled Cat protection. Reprogrammed the PCM, turned the key off for 15 sec and the engine still won't start with out disconnecting the battery. I had deleted all the DTCs but still have a P1518 code. This code is what's causing the engine not to start because of missing serial data between the TAC (Throttle Actuator Control) Module and the PCM. It may clear after three drive trips.

Later, Curt

I ran into a similar problem today after flashing a new program into the pcm. Some how it tripped the security and would not let the truck start. The code it was throwing had to do with fuel shut off security i dont remember the exact code number. I flashed and reflashed and still would throw the same security code. I finally had to disable the theft set it from class 2 to none and the truck finally started.

Next I removed the newest version of efilive and reinstalled the older version. Went and flashed the pcm with theft set back to class 2. Everything is running fine now security is not getting set and no codes are being set. Maybe theres a glitch on the recent version?

Edit: The Code was P1626 "Theft Deterrent System Fuel Enable Circuit "

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Can everyone who is seeing this type of problem send me the list of modules that the EFILive Scan Tool "detects"?
    To do that, connect using the Scan Tool and press Ctrl+G. Then save (or copy) the report and attach it to (or paste it into) an email and send it to me at paul@efilive.com

It may be that EFILive is just not clearing some module's comms DTCs correctly.

Regards
    Paul

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87gmc
    I ran into a similar problem today after flashing a new program into the pcm. Some how it tripped the security and would not let the truck start. The code it was throwing had to do with fuel shut off security i dont remember the exact code number. I flashed and reflashed and still would throw the same security code. I finally had to disable the theft set it from class 2 to none and the truck finally started.

Next I removed the newest version of efilive and reinstalled the older version. Went and flashed the pcm with theft set back to class 2. Everything is running fine now security is not getting set and no codes are being set. Maybe theres a glitch on the recent version?

Edit: The Code was P1626 "Theft Deterrent System Fuel Enable Circuit "
    Thanks for that info - it does sound like the latest version is not resetting or restoring something correctly. I am investigating...
    Just so I am sure, can you confirm the versions you were using were: 7.1.8 and 7.1.7?

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast