Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No start.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    I've seen something similar too.

2003 silverado - I have yet to flash my PCM, but I have downloaded the tune twice. First time after I waited the 15 seconds, the truck still had an engine light on (didn't before reading) and cluster said it was in reduced engine power mode. I turned off the truck, went inside to research the issue but it was cleared when I tried later in the day. Second time was the same (I gave it a solid 30 seconds) but I had to disconnect the battery to do some exhaust work and it was cleared afterwards.

I've also had another communication issue that has happened several times (5 out of 10 scans). When scanning, I'll connect then start recording. Sometimes it will log a few seconds of data, then it loses communication with the vehicle. USB/OBD lights flash flash fast even when I unplug it from the laptop. When it does this, I typically have to remove the cable from both the laptop and vehicle, connect the laptop first, then the vehicle and try again. I'm not sure, but I think it happens when I connect the cable to the vehicle first.

Richard
    Same situation here! Looking forward to the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by curtbriggs
    I let my 99 C5 sit all night and it still didn't start until I disconnected the battery. There were no security codes. Mostly com codes, like windows, key, etc.
    Have you tried clearing the DTC codes through the DIC ?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by bink
    I'll send it tonite. Thanks!
    Cheers,
    joel
    Sent info. Hope it helps some.

Cheers,
    joel

Quote Originally Posted by SS-1500
    Quote Originally Posted by curtbriggs
    I let my 99 C5 sit all night and it still didn't start until I disconnected the battery. There were no security codes. Mostly com codes, like windows, key, etc.
    Have you tried clearing the DTC codes through the DIC ?
    No, I didn't use the DIC, good point though, might help trouble shoot Flashscan. I'll try that next time the codes come back.

Curt
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

A patch is being tested internally right now.
    As soon as that patch get's the green-light, I'll make it available for limited release - to those that have posted in this thread.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    A patch is being tested internally right now.
    As soon as that patch get's the green-light, I'll make it available for limited release - to those that have posted in this thread.

Regards
    Paul

Thank you.

Cheers,
    joel

Default Another Ditto on the no start - security triggered on a 2001

Just like this << ran into a similar problem today after flashing a new program into the pcm. Some how it tripped the security and would not let the truck start. The code it was throwing had to do with fuel shut off security i dont remember the exact code number. I flashed and reflashed and still would throw the same security code.>>

Clearing DTC made no difference. Sending the BCM reconnect did not work. Disconnect the battery and reconnect, it worked and started up. Hmmmmmsounds like windows 95....crashes and you have to reboot .

And this actually occured on a READ operation.

Robert
    LS12 Edit Veteran

Default Another No Start Problem

I had the no start problem after reading the PCM on a 2002 Silverado as a result of the bug that resulted in a P1626 code, which I was unable to clear. I reflashed the PCM with Edit and that eliminated the problem. I also read the PCM in a 2003 H2 and had no problems. I've notified Paul of the problem and I'm just adding this note for informational purposes. Just as an aside to hopefully prevent any typical internet bad-mouthing-- this bug is just a bug. The systems in LS1/LS6-powered vehicles are relatively complex and EFILive is one of the most sophisticated tuning/scanning tools available. Put the two together, and it's virtually impossible to anticipate every potential problem. The guys at EFILive are VERY responsive to user input, which is one of the reasons their product is so good.

2000 C5 here and it goes to "reduced power" after flash (altough it runs fine, and cannot be cleared. If I disconnect + bat term and touch to - term then hook it back up, all is fine again.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton
    2000 C5 here and it goes to "reduced power" after flash (altough it runs fine, and cannot be cleared. If I disconnect + bat term and touch to - term then hook it back up, all is fine again.
    Also, had “Reduced Power” message, but the flash seemed to work fine. Once completed, I went directly into reading the codes through the DIC. Only 1 of any value was found P1518. I cleared the codes once I completed reading them. Turned the key off and waited at least 30 seconds. Car started right up with no check engine light. Good to go. Now if I could only figure out how to resolve my LTFT issues. Got some reading to do.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast