Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: No start.

They say a picture is worth 1000 words, so howabout this ?

If indeed I need to get it reflash (it appears my OS is out of date on the PCM) what should I say to the dealership ?? Is this a recall item ? Or can I get it for free somehow ? :lol: :lol: :lol: (Hey I gotta try dont I ??)

The truck was exported directly to Canada before being sold new and then re-imported back to the US last year (when I bought it), not sure if that has something to do with the OS..

I know they require Daytime Running Lights up there and I cant disable them following the procedures in the owners manual (I realize this is BESIDE the point, just making an observation).. So not 100% certain if this is causing a conflict or what I should do ?

I am open to suggestions..

Todd

1993 BMW 325is <- For Sale
    2003 Silverado LS 4x4 <--- you want to autocross what?
    2005 Avalanche 5.3L LS(EFI Live tuned) <-- my gas hog running on e85 3+ years now
    2012 Subaru Outback (wife's daily)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tydriver
    I am open to suggestions..
    Actually I am having trouble verifying the exact calibration details for your truck. Can you mail me your full VIN at paul@efilive.com.
    Thanks
    Paul

email sent !

Todd

1993 BMW 325is <- For Sale
    2003 Silverado LS 4x4 <--- you want to autocross what?
    2005 Avalanche 5.3L LS(EFI Live tuned) <-- my gas hog running on e85 3+ years now
    2012 Subaru Outback (wife's daily)

99 C5. Tried the new update. When I upload to the PCM I could start the car after the upload, but I recieved all kinds of codes as those discussed above. Had to disconnect the battery to get the communications going again and get rid of the codes. Even if I clear the codes with the scan tool, they keep popping back up until I do a battery disconnect. Last night after reprogramming the display would not turn off and kept saying reduced engine power etc. Even after it sat for an hour the display would not shut off??? Keep tryin .
    99 FRC 402 Twin Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Can everyone who is seeing this type of problem send me the list of modules that the EFILive Scan Tool "detects"?
    To do that, connect using the Scan Tool and press Ctrl+G. Then save (or copy) the report and attach it to (or paste it into) an email and send it to me at paul@efilive.com

It may be that EFILive is just not clearing some module's comms DTCs correctly.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul,
    I flashed using 7.1.9 with no problems. I found that when the "Remove Key" message appears, that waiting 10 seconds or until the chimes stop, then turning off the key works best.
    Joe
    2003 red vert
    Mods:
    LS7 crate engine, wet sump, 24xx reluctor
    LPE 100mm MAF
    Vararam, cold air intake and bridge
    RPM Level 6/4L60e trans
    3.42 gears
    Yank SS3600
    1-7/8" AR headers
    Z06 exhaust
    470rwhp 437rwtq
    1/8th mi-1.526-60'-6.862-1/8th-@100.74mph

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by jfpilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Can everyone who is seeing this type of problem send me the list of modules that the EFILive Scan Tool "detects"?
    To do that, connect using the Scan Tool and press Ctrl+G. Then save (or copy) the report and attach it to (or paste it into) an email and send it to me at paul@efilive.com

It may be that EFILive is just not clearing some module's comms DTCs correctly.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul,
    I flashed using 7.1.9 with no problems. I found that when the "Remove Key" message appears, that waiting 10 seconds or until the chimes stop, then turning off the key works best.
    Joe
    The car PCM resets and chimes for a second and may dispay reduced power for a second until all resets and clears. I always wait a few seconds until things settle down before I start shutting things down, etc.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345