Thread: Please Help! See If You Can Figure Out This Fuel Rail Surge Issue??

Default Please Help! See If You Can Figure Out This Fuel Rail Surge Issue??

Ill Start with the performance mods. 07 5.9 QCSB Exergy 100 HP Injectors and 10mm Stroker Pump, AirDog 150, Comp 64 Triple Turbo, Stainless Diesel 2nd Gen Manifold Swap, Full SunCoast, ARP 425, 5" Turbo Back, CSP5. Ok now for the scenairo. My truck has been surging since this spring before the turbo, manifold, and pump were installed. We lowered the amp's to the FCA and the surging stopped, the cp3 had that dumb bag o parts in it with a modded FCA. A couple months back I did the turbo and manifold swap, then yesterday I put the 10mm exergy pump on. I thought the only cause of this surging was because of the FCA, well after the pump was installed I go to start it up and everything is fine. Put the FCA setting back to stock setting with EFI. As soon as I put it in drive the truck starts loping very badly, go to drive it and its surging and loping horribly until about 40 MPH. We started to monitor different parameters after this and the Fuel Rail Pressure values were being very sporadic, fluctuating a couple thousand psi the whole time we monitored this, then the value would stop and pause for a second, and continue fluctuating after that, this cycle kept repeating itself. The guy helping me tune is probably the best in Ohio, his tunes take alot of local dyno events, races and pulls. We tried putting a dual cp3 controller on it (a buddy said to try that) and that mad it sound crazy. Tried a different RP Sensor. The AirDog is sending pressurized fuel, just dont know exactly how much. Tried various tunes all night long and different operating systems, with no luck. The only thing that will cure this, is once again lowering the amp's on the FCA. Can someone please help us? We are at a total loss and would love to find out what is causing this and correct it. Any information or suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much.

Can someone please shed some light here? We are now thinking it is my ECM because the only way the truck will run right is by lowering the amperage to the FCA. He thinks there is something going bad in the ECM and its freaking out when we command what the amperage should be to the FCA.
    07 5.9 QCSB, CSP5, Comp 64 Triple Ball Bearing, Stainless Diesel 2nd Gen Swap, Custom Intake, AirDog 150, Exergy 10mm Stroker, Exergy 100 HP Sticks, ARP 425's, Full SunCoast, MIA Grid Heater, Bilsteins, Moog

I'd be curious to see how much output that Airdog has to the CP3. They've been known to go bad. Also, did you try an un-modded FCA with factory current settings?