Thread: LMM Kodiak DSP-5

Default LMM Kodiak DSP-5

Was/is there an LMM Kodiak OS that supports DSP-5? Everything Ive found says 07.5-09 Kodiak's used 12620015...which doesnt support DSP-5.

Was there an earlier OS that had support for DSP-5?

Im doing a standalone harness for a customer who got a wrecked LMM...so obviously the harness/ECM is all from an LMM. 2007.5+ pickup truck OS's are obnoxious because speed/tach/cruise/etc all goes over GMLAN, so it requires the BCM to be retained.

So I was wondering if an LMM Kodiak DSP-5 OS existed...because Kodiak's are wired differently than the pickup trucks.

Or...if I just swapped the LMM ECM out for an LBZ ECM and run it like that? I know you cant full flash LBZ <--> LMM, but Ill just get an LBZ ECM and use that if possible?

Its been a while (probably 7 years) since I messed around with running an LMM engine on an LBZ tune. From what I remember, really the only differences were pulse width tables and a couple timing tables. So is there anything wrong with me using an LBZ ECM on this LMM engine if I copy-pasta LMM pulsewidth and timing tables to the LBZ tune? Like I said, its been years since I messed with it, and most of my tuning stuff/files/logs from 2005-2008 got lost when I had a laptop hard drive fail back in 2008ish.

thanks
    Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Ben we used to (accidentally) have the option to convert that OS, but from what I recall it had issues, big issues so it was removed. I never found the cause either unfortunately.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Ben we used to (accidentally) have the option to convert that OS, but from what I recall it had issues, big issues so it was removed. I never found the cause either unfortunately.
    Ahh darn!

Alright...plan B...swap to an LBZ ECM and just run the thing as an LBZ? That way I can have discrete outputs for speedo/tach, and discrete inputs for cruise and crank-request.

I need to just check what other changes have to be made to make LMM injectors (I cant think of anything else that is different LBZ to LMM??) work on an LBZ tune....

Thanks Ross

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul