Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 09 lmm dps5 tune help please

yes I loaded it I would like 1 to be stock 2 econo 3towing 4 hot thanks I tried asmithIII dsp5 but it ran kind of different it did not seam right thanks again every one I do not know what I need to log for this lmm and yes dpf and egr are off

Well does it work? Does the tune do what you want it to?

My attachment for you was not an engine program.

The attachment was to be used in EFI Live scan V7.5 and is used to monitor or record engine data. The ability to monitor or record data is vital to engine tuning. Maybe a hundred different things can be monitored or recorded. This was just a list of about 20 favorite parameters.

We all have to start somewhere, just navigating through the scan tool and setting it up for the first time can take hours to figure out. It is very overwhelming to say the least. It takes thousands of hours lots of trial and error to get to the point that some of the most recognized tuners are. I am no tuner by any means but I can spend countless hours researching through old threads on multiple forums just to get the very basics.

Paying for a good set of tunes from a reputable tuner would have been the better choice. I like to tinker and customize just about anything I own it's like some sort of disease there is no cure for.

OK enough ranting, I have attached a slightly modified version of your original dsp5. I only modified tables in the dsp1 folder, it should be position 2 on your switch. I have modified the Turbo Vane Position at idle to sound like the older non VGT LB7. I also modified the Vane position tables for a turbo brake function, it will only be effective using tow/haul mode. You will also noticed I changed the boost tables to reflect the changes made in the vane tables. This is very basic but hopefully it helps you understand that sometimes when you make changes to one table you will have to make changes to other related tables in order to get your desired outcome. E35B lmm duramax ecmTB_LB7_Idle.ctz

yes it did work thanks bmc1025 lots of learning here thanks a lot I will post what I did when I have more time thanks again to all

Start with small changes...log it...go from there!
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12