Thread: EFILive not recognizing .COZ file error $050B

Default EFILive not recognizing .COZ file error $050B

Hey guys,
    My tuner sent me a .COZ file because he said it was easier, faster, less bandwidth, etc than a .CTZ.
    Only problem is the program won't recognize it. I have the most updated V8.2.2.258 software and firmware/boot block on my autocal....windows shell extensions wont recognize the file as an efilive file. and when i load it on the autocal it gets error 050b when i try to load it to my car. I asked my tuner but hes always so busy and only does emails so id like to try this tune ASAP. Whats the deal?
    Thanks!
    2010 Camaro 2SS - Edelbrock E-Force /w 3" pulley, ZL1 Fuel pump, ID850s, Kooks, BMR Suspension, DSS axles & Shafts, Mantic 9000 Clutch, TSP Blower Cam, Snow Meth, etc, etc...
    Remote tuned By Blackbear Performance

Lifetime Member

A .coz file is significantly smaller than a .ctz file.

From the EFILive Error Codes.pdf document, $050B is Script file not supported by current firmware version. I'll suggest you updated the V8 software to build 258 , but the firmware hasn't been updated to match.

You will need to check your firmware version - connect AutoCal to your PC, open V8 Scan and Tune software and select the Check Firmware button at the top of the page. In the Firmware Update window, you'll find the Current firmware and will be notified if you need to update.

If that doesn't assist you, you'll need to confirm the software and firmware versions your tuner wrote your tunes in and ensure you are running compatible software to them.

Cheers
    Cindy

boot block is v 2.07.07 and firmware is 2.07.64. they are up to date, but it says a lot of the config files are outdated. BUT what if my tuner uses custom config files for my car? also, it still doesnt explain why i cant open .coz files in efilive and how the icon for the file is blank instead of the efilive tune icon. the software IS V 8.2.2.258 like i said in my original post. Thanks
    2010 Camaro 2SS - Edelbrock E-Force /w 3" pulley, ZL1 Fuel pump, ID850s, Kooks, BMR Suspension, DSS axles & Shafts, Mantic 9000 Clutch, TSP Blower Cam, Snow Meth, etc, etc...

Lifetime Member

.coz files cannot be opened. Once they are saved in that format, they can only be flashed. They cannot be opened, and they cannot be edited. If a change needs to be made to a .coz file, your tuner needs to re-open the matching .ctz file, edit that and re-save in .coz format. Additional warnings have been added to our next software release (scheduled for later today) to alert users of the reason why they cannot open .coz files.

If you view your .coz file in windows explorer, you will see that the icon is still an EFILive icon, however it is different to the .ctz icon. Here is a picture - the second and second last files are .coz files.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coz icon.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	17486

You will now need to go back to your tuner and determine the answers to your configuration file questions, unless they send you your .coz file as part of a Quick Setup, in which case those configuration files will be reprogrammed into your AutoCal during the Program Quick Setup function.

Your tuner will also need to confirm the software and firmware versions he/she was running to create your files. There MUST be compatibility between the versions they use on their FlashScan to create tunes for your AutoCal.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coz icon.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	17485  

it doesnt have an icon. i even reinstalled efilive on my computer

Lifetime Member

Your tuner will need to get involved from here. They will be able to confirm software and firmware compatibility, your configuration file questions and confirm that the file they sent you was correctly saved in the right format.

The AutoCal for End Users Guide was recently updated to cover the latest software and configuration changes made, and we strongly recommend to Tuners that they take full advantage of the Quick Start functions, as documented in both the End User guide and the AutoCal for Tuners Guide. Both documents can be found here http://www.efilive.com/documentation-tutorials

Cheers
    Cindy

i read it...but one more thing...do i just copy the coz file to the autocals tune folder as i would a ctz file? does it work the same way? thanks

Lifetime Member

Yes, .coz files can be copied from EFILive Explorer onto the AutoCal in the same way you would move a .ctz. The file MUST be dropped into the EFILive -> Tune directory.
    There is a maximum of 5 tune files that can be stored on the AutoCal at any time, so just make sure you have room before you start the copy process.

Cheers
    Cindy

updating the config files worked. thanks.