Thread: updated firmware and software now cant switch tunes or read ECM cummins 5.9

Default updated firmware and software now cant switch tunes or read ECM cummins 5.9

I have had csp5 switching on my truck for a about a year now. Today I added the CSP5 switch from Socal Diesel. after adding it I tried changing tunes without success. Then I tried updating EFI live software and firmware. Now I can not read the ECM or switch tunes using flashscan. Then on top of that under switchable tunes it is showing GM-p GM-b etc... The original tunes were stock, tow, street, hot street and race. When I try to read the ECM I get

uting: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config\CMB_R.obj
    Virtual Machine Started
    Script Loaded
    Script Verified
    Reading...
    Please: Wait...
    Script exited with code $0312: Sub Function Not Supported or Invalid Format ($12).

It has been a while since I fooled with this but what am I missing?

First, what CSP5 version do you have? The public release is V1.01, this is the only version that the V2/Autocal and the SoCal switch will work with.
    CSP5 tunes cannot be read back out, that error is normal.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Firmware is 2.07.64 Bootblock 2.07.07 Using V8.2.258 I am not sure if this is what you are asking. I looked at the CSP5 tutorial but do nto see what I am doing wrong. I did not know that you could not read from the ECM if you have a CSP5 tune.

I did look and the CSP tune was written on 10/1/13.

Lifetime Member

CSP wasn't publicly released until November 7, 2013. http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/ne...ublic-release/ Your tune was created in October 2013, prior to that release.

CSP tunes written prior to that date were in a format that was not carried over to public release software and were required to be re-written with public release software.

You will need to take your stock file, and follow the steps in the CSP upgrade tutorial for CSP to be compatible with your current software version and the SoCal Diesel CSP Switch.

Cheers
    Cindy

Ok thank you very much.

I updated my tune and I got the switch to work but the V2 is still showing other tunes that I do not have. These are
    Tune #1
    GM_P, Y
    GM_B, Y
    GM_C, Y
    GM_U, Y
    The other day I installed new injectors and am not having any luck switching tunes with the switch or V2. I tried to reflash and still no change. I have saved the tune to the V2 also

My tunes should be
    Stock
    Tow
    Street
    Hot Street
    Race

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Lifetime Member

Tune names can be edited/created/changed in the V8 software.

With your FlashScan V2 connected, open V8 Scan and Tune and select:

[F5: BBX] -> [F4: Switch]

You can change the tune file names to whatever you want, then select Program to reprogram the tune names in FlashScan. You do not need to reflash your tune, unless you have the wrong tune installed.

Instructions with screen shots can be found on page 12 of the Cummins 5p9L CM849 CSP5 User Guide.pdf located on our website or under the Help -> Documents menu of your V8 software.

Cheers
    Cindy

The tunes are named in the software. Also they are not changing either with the switch or the v2.

Lifetime Member

You created your tune, you saved it to the V2 - did you flash that tune into your vehicle?

The upgrade tutorial is very detailed, and it covers every single step you need to follow to create, save and flash your tune.

Please read and follow that document step by step. If you need further information, please state which page and step you get stuck at.

Cheers
    Cindy