Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Known issues with Sep 12, 2014 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Known issues with Sep 12, 2014 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the Sep 12, 2014 release of the EFILive V7.5.7.264, V8.2.2.260 software and the V2.07.66 FlashScan and AutoCal firmware.

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2:
    DSP5 upgrade is not available for LBZ/LMM controllers with operating system 12620015.
    Workaround:
    None.

Issue 3:
    Opening tune files with the V7.5 software will fail if a *.cax file is defined for the operating system of the file being loaded.
    Workaround:
    Download and install the latest V7.5.7 (build 265) or later software. Update: build 265 does not completely fix the *.cax file problem.
    A new version, V7.5.7 (build 266) will be released to fix the problem, please download and install build 266 when it is available here.

Issue 4:
    The V8 software installs as version 8.2.2 build 259 instead of 8.2.2 build 260.
    Workaround:
    None, the problem is just a typing mistake in the V8 software's build number - it does not cause any operational problems. It will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 5:
    After reading the device settings from FlashScan or AutoCal in the [F6: Devices] tab page, the [Save] button remains disabled, preventing you from saving the settings.
    Workaround:
    Modify (then unmodify if desired) one or more settings to re-enable the [Save] button. Will be fixed in the next update.
    Last edited by Blacky; September 28th, 2014 at 07:54 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Every once in a while (Most frequently with 2015 LML) our software with this update will throw a "unrecongized PCM" error stating it doesnt recognize the OS and to send it to you guys. Nothing special about the OS, just the standard 0477 that all 2015s have.

Workaround* Close the software out, resave with v8, then reopen in 7.5

Thanks,
    Kory
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    Every once in a while (Most frequently with 2015 LML) our software with this update will throw a "unrecongized PCM" error stating it doesnt recognize the OS and to send it to you guys. Nothing special about the OS, just the standard 0477 that all 2015s have.

Workaround* Close the software out, resave with v8, then reopen in 7.5

Thanks,
    Kory
    Its most likely a tune file that has a contradiction in its meta data. It is usually something like when the StreamID=0 and Stream=E86. EFILive V8 can and does correct small issues like that (V7 doesn't).
    If you get a file that causes the issue, please send it to me before "fixing" it so I can figure out exactly what's causing it.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Not a problem sir... I will let my team know to shoot it your way when they happen

Thanks again
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the Sep 12, 2014 release of the EFILive V7.5.7.264, V8.2.2.260 software and the V2.07.66 FlashScan and AutoCal firmware.

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2:
    DSP5 upgrade is not available for LBZ/LMM controllers with operating system 12620015.
    Workaround:
    None.
    Paul, is this OS one that is not supported or is it a software bug ?

Without searching thru the OS's what year is that, Thanks
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Tony off the top of my head it was an LMM non truck OS, the option to convert was there but the actual OS was never actually completed.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Its most likely a tune file that has a contradiction in its meta data. It is usually something like when the StreamID=0 and Stream=E86. EFILive V8 can and does correct small issues like that (V7 doesn't).
    If you get a file that causes the issue, please send it to me before "fixing" it so I can figure out exactly what's causing it.

Regards
    Paul

Hey Kory... it seems to be any .cax files you're got in the calibrations folder that interfere in the booting of the os youre working in.

In other words, you can not have a cax in the folder where there is a same named calz.... The 7.5 tune tool witll wipe out and not longer load files.

Suffered all day with it.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Sorry we missed that in testing, oddly enough we don't have .cax files on our computers, I'm surprised no other testers ran in to it before release.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I store the .cax in the folder for calibration and not in the specific E86 folder.

Seems to work fine, I'll try it again on another PC to make sure.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Having lots of .caxs, basically every tune file I tried...did not work.

Strange thing was that when 7.5 automatically loads the "last file you worked on" everything works

normally and cax and calz load perfectly. When opening the same file from the file menu, it would fail.

Twisted me up good for the whole day.... I tried everything Paul suggested with no luck until the e-mail

where he asked if I had "*.cax files for any of the OSs I was opening".

When I removed all the cax files, 7.5 worked perfectly.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast