Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $050B error when BBF

Default $050B error when BBF

I havent used black box flashing on my V2 in probably a year or more. I always have my laptop with me so I never bother using it.

I tried it the other day with the latest firmware, boot block, and V7/V8 software, and it keeps giving me the error $050B...script file not supported by current firmware version.

Why not? Yes, Ive updated everything, reformatted the SD card (I have a 16gb SDHC card in there), wiped the V2 clean, started from scratch...5 times

Another odd thing is sometimes when I check the "free space", it reports 4000-something MB free (its a 16gb card, and I dont have 12gb of stuff on there. Maybe just the file system the V2 uses, is it FAT or FAT32?)....then Ill check it 5 minutes later and it reports 2890mb free. That, and it takes over a minute to calculate the free space...which it isnt even doing correctly because it depends on the day whether it reports 2gb or 4gb free of my 16gb card.

Another thing...I had to reformat the card and set it up 4 times in a row before my V2 would create the "EFILive--->SCAN--->TUNE--->READ" folders on the SD card.

Another thing...my calculated PIDs arent showing up when I BBL. I made a couple custom PIDs to log injection timing after pilot, and also log actual boost (MAP - 14.7) because I dont have a baro sensor on my truck anymore (using that input for ESC/TCS defuel request). Those wont show up. All of the other PIDs show up fine, and my BBX config files and PID lists are correct.

And last random question...when V8 "fully" comes out, is there any intention of making "everything" into one program? Its sometimes just a little annoying to have to swap between 3 different programs (EFILive explorer, EFILive scan/tune V8, and EFILive control panel) when doing various things. Or maybe im an idiot and ive just been using everything the wrong way for 9 years??? haha

thanks
    Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

To answer your last question first, yes, everything will be in one program when fully released. Users should no longer need to use EFILive Explorer in the way it's previously been needed since the introduction of the Quick Setup earlier this year. I'll cover that off shortly....

$050B is Script file not supported by current firmware version.

Firmware being out of sync with the software is one cause for this issue. The other cause is outdated .obj files. Open V8 software, select the Check firmware button and verify your firmware, then update your config files. You'll see on the firmware screen if both firmware and config files need updating.

Another cause could be backwards compatibility, but I'll suggest this is not your reason Ben given I'd assume you write your own tunes. Files written in newer software cannot be opened in old software, and will generate a script file not supported error.

Calculated PID's showing on the V2.

Under the [F5: BBX] Menu, ensure you have setup your BBL controllers and selected the PID's to be used. There are 2 methods to "Program" these onto the FlashScan; you can either select the Program Button from the F5: BBX] -> [F2: Scan] menu, or you can select them in the [F2 Scan] menu, then move to [F6: Quick Setup].

The quick setup will allow you to format and update the config files we spoke about above, program [F2 Scan] and [F3 Tune] selections in one single pass as well as allow you to move your chosen tune files to the device in one single step. Device settings and tune security can also be managed via the Quick Setup. These features were significantly enhanced in this weeks release, and are fully documented in the V8 Reference manual. Using the Quick Setup will for many tuners become the 'norm' for dealing with remote customers. No updating config files, no managing tune files via EFI Explorer - simply 'configure' their device in this screen and have them save the file on their local PC, open V8 and select program and it's all done.

EFILive Explorer will still be needed for customers to move data logs from their device to their PC to email you; but we are working on that as part of the V8 'single program' project.

I cannot answer your questions on the SD Card, sorry, so I'll leave that one to someone else.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers
    Cindy

Have a read of this: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch

Calc pids will not show up on V2 during BBL... but they are logged and saved in the log file (you can see them when viewing the log in the scantool).

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    To answer your last question first, yes, everything will be in one program when fully released. Users should no longer need to use EFILive Explorer in the way it's previously been needed since the introduction of the Quick Setup earlier this year. I'll cover that off shortly....

$050B is Script file not supported by current firmware version.

Firmware being out of sync with the software is one cause for this issue. The other cause is outdated .obj files. Open V8 software, select the Check firmware button and verify your firmware, then update your config files. You'll see on the firmware screen if both firmware and config files need updating.

Another cause could be backwards compatibility, but I'll suggest this is not your reason Ben given I'd assume you write your own tunes. Files written in newer software cannot be opened in old software, and will generate a script file not supported error.
    Firmware is all fine, and .OBJ files are all correct, I just checked.

Yes, I do all of my own tuning.

By habit, I just do all of my reading and flashing with V7. I know I should be using V8 for all flashing/reading, but its just easier/habit to do it with V7. If I read a tune out with V7 (or if I take an old .TUN file)...and then save it as a .CTZ, does that make it "incompatible" with V8 for BBF? Do I have to re-read all of my tunes out with V8????

Calculated PID's showing on the V2.

Under the [F5: BBX] Menu, ensure you have setup your BBL controllers and selected the PID's to be used. There are 2 methods to "Program" these onto the FlashScan; you can either select the Program Button from the F5: BBX] -> [F2: Scan] menu, or you can select them in the [F2 Scan] menu, then move to [F6: Quick Setup].

The quick setup will allow you to format and update the config files we spoke about above, program [F2 Scan] and [F3 Tune] selections in one single pass as well as allow you to move your chosen tune files to the device in one single step. Device settings and tune security can also be managed via the Quick Setup. These features were significantly enhanced in this weeks release, and are fully documented in the V8 Reference manual. Using the Quick Setup will for many tuners become the 'norm' for dealing with remote customers. No updating config files, no managing tune files via EFI Explorer - simply 'configure' their device in this screen and have them save the file on their local PC, open V8 and select program and it's all done.
    Yes, I did all of that. BBL works just fine.

I just tried doing a Black Box Read...that doesnt work either. I get the same error. So both BBF and BBR are messed up for some reason.

Ill try uninstalling EFILive and reinstalling it......but I have a dumb question....if I do that, is it going to delete all of my custom PID lists, custom calculated PIDs, and custom Map files that I have made????

Thanks!
    Ben
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Have a read of this: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch
    Yeah, already did that like 5 times. Both BBF and BBR still dont work. BBL works fine..
    12.9s @ 108 mph

2BG card is the max for a V2.

I have a quick setup file I can email you to make your life easier.

You must be running the July 19th release/firmware/boot-block.

You got my contact info, let me know and I will send it over to you
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Firmware is all fine, and .OBJ files are all correct, I just checked.

Yes, I do all of my own tuning.

By habit, I just do all of my reading and flashing with V7. I know I should be using V8 for all flashing/reading, but its just easier/habit to do it with V7. If I read a tune out with V7 (or if I take an old .TUN file)...and then save it as a .CTZ, does that make it "incompatible" with V8 for BBF? Do I have to re-read all of my tunes out with V8????
    No - it doesn't matter if the tune is read with V7 or V8, just as long as it's in .ctz format when moved to the V2.

Yes, I did all of that. BBL works just fine.

I just tried doing a Black Box Read...that doesnt work either. I get the same error. So both BBF and BBR are messed up for some reason.

Ill try uninstalling EFILive and reinstalling it......but I have a dumb question....if I do that, is it going to delete all of my custom PID lists, custom calculated PIDs, and custom Map files that I have made????

Thanks!
    Ben
    Provided you save your options.txt file as something unique, it won't be over-written during an uninstall.

My suggestion to you is using September 12 software and firmware, Open V8 Scan and Tune, and.....
    Select [F5 BBX]
    Click Open, and Open the Options.txt default file that best suits your needs (assuming GM Diesel). A range of PID's are automatically chosen. Don't worry about this too much yet - lets just get the BBR and BBF working for you and worry about your custom selections after we get this sorted.
    Uncheck any controllers not suitable for your application in the [F2: Scan] and [F3: Tune] windows.
    Click [F6: Quick Setup]
    Select appropriate BBX setings - I suggest you select the first 2 options - device settings and BBX config files, and from the next 3 options, at least Format the CONFIG file system and Overwrite existing tunes.

In the tune file section, add at least 1 tune file to the list.

Save the Quick Setup using the drop down option list on the Save button.

Then finally with your V2 connected, select the Program Quick Setup Option.

These steps are enough to setup your device for BBR and BBF. Let us know how you go.

Cheers
    Cindy

Yeah, already did that like 5 times. Both BBF and BBR still dont work. BBL works fine..
    Go into V8, go Update Firmware, and post a screenshot showing all the files present in the V2 Config space (make the subwindow bigger so all the files can be seen).

V2 recognizes FAT filesystem which has maximum size of 2GB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast