Thread: Bricked my PCM, can I get my credits back? I emailed support and no reply??

Default Bricked my PCM, can I get my credits back? I emailed support and no reply??

I bricked my E40 PCM, yeah it was my fault, its definitely cooked! I flashed have the wrong operating system into it, and had all the checksums disabled, and full flashed it. Now I'm willing to chalk up the PCM to a learning curve in raw hex tuning, but can I possibly get my credits back?? I read a thread saying if you submit the log report from when it crashed, the recite to the same controller from the dealer or wrecker, that support would issue a credit for the licence. I emailed support@efilive.com and got no reply??

When did you Email support? Do you realise it's midnight in New Zealand at the moment?

I am still up (though it is nearly midnight), too many coffee's today!
    Normally we would refund a license, eg, the PCM developed a fault, something went wrong with the flash process due to a software bug and it got bricked.
    I admire your honesty, but you can't really expect EFILive to refund a license to cover your hex experimentation outside of our software.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I am still up (though it is nearly midnight), too many coffee's today!
    Normally we would refund a license, eg, the PCM developed a fault, something went wrong with the flash process due to a software bug and it got bricked.
    I admire your honesty, but you can't really expect EFILive to refund a license to cover your hex experimentation outside of our software.
    I emailed support about two weeks ago? Was that the correct email?

I don't expect them to, but in the same token what good is the licence now? I'll gladly mail the PCM! I spent 100.00 in hp tuners credits, 125.00 in efi live credits, and 150.00 for a ugly looking used replacement. I'm not blaming anyone, and I'm more then happy that I made the switch from hp to efi... It's like going from amateure to pro! Other then the new v8 software.. But that's more likely user error, as I'm still new to efi.

I'll dig up the thread, but there was a guy who bricked his PCM, was honest about flashing it with a know low battery! He got is credits refunded or transferred. I don't see how flashing on a low battery, is anymore ignorant then, flashing with hacked files? We both know we are in the blame!

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...PCM-What-to-do

Here is the thread I'm talking about, I emailed my log files to support, and I can send a copy of my invoice from the wrecker, I can also mail the pcm to you if you like.

Unless it can be fixed? But I cant connect to it with TIs2web, EFI, or HP, its completely dead! What happens to them? Do they fry an internal capacitor or something? I tried taking a E40 apart before, and broke the board they are all glued, and soldered into the case!! pain in the but!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...PCM-What-to-do

Here is the thread I'm talking about, I emailed my log files to support, and I can send a copy of my invoice from the wrecker, I can also mail the pcm to you if you like.

Unless it can be fixed? But I cant connect to it with TIs2web, EFI, or HP, its completely dead! What happens to them? Do they fry an internal capacitor or something? I tried taking a E40 apart before, and broke the board they are all glued, and soldered into the case!! pain in the but!
    There is likely nothing wrong physically with the ECM. If the wrong changes are made to the data in the ECM (and that is most likely what happened when you made changes outside of EFILive's software), the firmware in the ECM can get into a state where it fails* prior to completing its boot cycle. That usually causes the ECM's to reboot ending up in a never ending cycle of rebooting, failing, rebooting... etc. While its stuck in that loop, it won't talk to the OBDII port so you can't communicate with it and you can't reprogram it. I.e. it is "Bricked".

* faults can inlcude, divide by zero, memory access mis-alignment, execution of non-existant code, infinite loops etc.

As for the VIN license, if you provide a scanned copy of the receipt for the purchase of a replacement ECM then we'll send you a replacement VIN license. As GMX said earlier normally we only provide free replacement VIN licenses to cover failures/faults in EFILive's software and or equipment. But in this case we'll provide the replacement VIN license for you.

Send the scanned copy of your ECM receipt and your FlashScan serial number and authorization code to paul@efilive.com
    https://support.efilive.com/kb_artic...2143-YUOG-8049

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

You guys rock!!! Your the best!! Will do thank you so much!