Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can VVT be enabled on a non VVT tune? E67 2007 CTSV

I'm new to this but I think I read somewhere here that you can ask (pay) for a custom OS with the compatible segments required?

From who for what? Pay efi for custom OS with compatible VVT segments? Trouble with the E series controller's E38, E67 E40, is they can segment swap easy even with compatible OS segment swaps don't always work.

I don't know that they offer any?

I do some custom OS, was trying to make one with manual trans and E67, with stand alone cruise, trouble is there is little to no help ounce your that deep in the raw PCM code! And my cruise won't work in all gears, with my OS

Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    From who for what? Pay efi for custom OS with compatible VVT segments? Trouble with the E series controller's E38, E67 E40, is they can segment swap easy even with compatible OS segment swaps don't always work.
    Not quite sure about who to pay for what actually (haha not a good place to be)! I think I read segment swap was possible on same OS and you could request such customisation through EFIlive as a service.
    If so then would be easier for me to have VVT spark enabled on my existing cal than cruise segment swapped then having to rebuild.

I do some custom OS, was trying to make one with manual trans and E67, with stand alone cruise, trouble is there is little to no help ounce your that deep in the raw PCM code! And my cruise won't work in all gears, with my OS

Wow great! Can you take a look at the two variants of OS 12639270 (attached) and advise whether the VVT spark table which is enabled in the first can work by otherwise editing the second? Of course happy to pay something if VVT spark can be enabled.
    <deleted>
    Last edited by pir4te; January 15th, 2017 at 12:50 PM.

Efi lets you segment swap for free with compatible OS. You can do it yourself just compare the two files, and under edit, add segment. Trouble is the E series are very fussy, so it may not work, Do you have a compatible pcm that has the cruise the way you want, and another file with the same OS, that has VVT? Then yes I'd just swap only the engine segment from the VVT to the one that has cruise working, it might work? But of the OS is not the same, then your SOL!!

I have EFi 7.57 build 262 says your file is incompatible? Do you have a older version of Efi to read it out with? I think mines pretty old?

What OS number has cruise working for you? What year make and model is that from? What year is your vehicle Is the motor not from the platform you have?

Efi lets you segment swap for free with compatible OS. You can do it yourself just compare the two files, and under edit, add segment. Trouble is the E series are very fussy, so it may not work, Do you have a compatible pcm that has the cruise the way you want, and another file with the same OS, that has VVT? Then yes I'd just swap only the engine segment from the VVT to the one that has cruise working, it might work?
    Thanks that would be too easy, it seems Copy entire segment -> Engine Operation neatly copies segment data as a batch over whereas I would like to actually swap Segment as in different ID / Checksum stuff. Any pointers?

I have EFi 7.57 build 262 says your file is incompatible? Do you have a older version of Efi to read it out with? I think mines pretty old?
    I have EFi 7.5.9 build 315, I will look into getting a read compatible with old EFi.

What OS number has cruise working for you?
    <deleted>

What year make and model is that from? What year is your vehicle Is the motor not from the platform you have?
    That's the weird thing - the identifiers are exactly the same in both files, mine is Holden 2011 L77 (6.0 flex fuel) and the other is Camaro 2011 L99:
    OS ID: AA
    Calibration: 12639269
    BCC: AAR2
    Same with Calibration definition file (*.cal):
    Name: 12639270.calz
    Version: 7.59
    Date: 18 December 2015
    Last edited by pir4te; January 15th, 2017 at 12:50 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast