Thread: Back to stock or Disconnect DSp for emission testing.

Default Back to stock or Disconnect DSp for emission testing.

Hi, got an 06 LBZ and run it with a DSP5 with Idaiho Rob tuning.

Have the EGR blocked and Deleted the heater grid with reporting blocked on both.

So now I have to smog it, never been an issue in the last 4 years until now. I make sure the codes if any are cleared, turn it to the stock tune and it has been fine.

Here in Cali they have a new PC I guess and it will not talk with my truck. Have been in 3 times now, passed visual but when plugged into the shops PC it will not talk to it. I watched and it states "aborted" while talking to CARB and shuts down.

All I can think of is 2 things. Unplug the DSP5 switch, it might be reading the extra wires going in/out. Then flash the stock tune back into it.

I did the grid delete about a year ago and turned off reporting, I may have to put it back in.

Any ideas??

You'll probably have to get with Rob on that. The switch its self shouldn't affect anything, but the DSP5 tune may because it blocks the ECM tune from being read out. Don't know enough on how the Cali testing works. We just have opacity here in AZ.

But get in contact with rob and he will take care of you
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Rob said flash it to stock, keep the DSP as it will cause no issues.

It's probably cause when you reflash the ecm with a dsp5 tune it changes the operating system number and the smog machine knows what operation system number to look for and sees it doesn't match yours and it fails. Go back to oem tune and should be fine. Although if u have a egr block off plate installed you will need to remove it or ill throw p0101 codes and set the CEL and then cause a fail again

Funny you posted this today. It failed 3 times when I first posted. All from "no communication" issues with good ol "KARB"

Today I finally got it in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reflashed to stock and it passed the hookup test but the tester saw a "wire" he didn't like and failed me on that. The way he crawled around I thought it was an anal exam. Took it the place it failed the first time and it passed with flying colors.

It's nothing to do with EFILive or any other tuner. The new smog tester is really just a giant POS. It's a glorified code reader that can check for monitors to be run. If it won't communicate with the truck it's a problem with the machine not the truck. Just coincidence that it communicated on a stock file.

Quote Originally Posted by mpdtune View Post
    It's nothing to do with EFILive or any other tuner. The new smog tester is really just a giant POS. It's a glorified code reader that can check for monitors to be run. If it won't communicate with the truck it's a problem with the machine not the truck. Just coincidence that it communicated on a stock file.
    Well, with the new machines as of last year I went to 3 shops where it would not connect with CARB. All had the new machines. The DSP was set to stock tune.

When it passed I had reflashed to stock with the DSP switch in the same place. This time it talked to both machines with no issues and passed. I failed the firat test only on the visual.

If I get on tis2web and login using my gm name and password and use a vin# the database knows what operating systems the truck "should" have and the dsp operating system has the first digit changed from 1 to a 5 the machine probably knows that it has the wrong operating system and rejects the connection with carb