Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maximum Desired Idle Area?

Default Maximum Desired Idle Area?

Can someone explain this ID? {B4350} Maximum Desired Idle Area. Description: "This calibration limits the desired idle effective area."
    Has anyone altered this and discovered it's impact and what it's use would be?

Can't say that I have. I re-did my idle keeping all the IACEA tables/values stock. IIRC, the only time I've seen this value vary is from car to truck.

As far as it's purpose, best I can tell it's an upper range limit on the IAC. This all goes back to PID control stuff.

Ok, then. I won't touch. I was just wondering if it would help any on a LSX90/90 car.

what's your idle doing?

Edit: is this along the lines of the un-even trims at idle?
    Last edited by TAQuickness; April 27th, 2006 at 05:46 AM.

FWIW, I ran a Fast 90/LS2 setup with LS6/Shaner settings and really noticed no difference in idle characteristics. Stock B4350 in both cases.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Lifetime Member

I did play with it once on a heavily cammed car to get it to idle when cold.
    Had to raise it a fair whack.
    \"You Can Never Have Enough Horsepower\"

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    what's your idle doing?

Edit: is this along the lines of the un-even trims at idle?
    No, the trims are fine now, since I swapped the rockers.
    Idle is great. 800 rpm's with a nice little lope and no misfires. It's my transitions. The motor drops to around 500 rpm's when I blip the throttle when standing still in P/N. Also when rolling the idle will drop to 500 rpm's then surge to 1500, then drop to 400, then surge to 1600, then drop to 300, etc. If I let it go long enough it will stall. I'm going after the Throttle Follower and Throttle Cracker when I get home from work today and see If I can get those to help. I was wondering since I had more blade area if a trim on the B4350 would help. I'm for leaving it as you sayand going after it with the other tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton
    FWIW, I ran a Fast 90/LS2 setup with LS6/Shaner settings and really noticed no difference in idle characteristics. Stock B4350 in both cases.
    I've always had this issue after the h/c swap, though it's a little worse now using an LSX90 and NW90. I haven't touched my throttle follower and cracker yet. I'm going to lengthen the delays and play with the air. If I can find a trend then I'm thinking I can get it from there. I have done the idle transition as outlined in the sticky and the RAF and MAF are within .10 at all ECT's, my transistions need work though.

Fast 90 intakes are famous for leaking and of course the MAP sensor mashing issue. Could that be your problem or part of it?

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton
    Fast 90 intakes are famous for leaking and of course the MAP sensor mashing issue. Could that be your problem or part of it?
    I thought that might have been part of my original problem, I had uneven LTFT's at idle. It turned out to be rockers rubbing on the retainers. I had done this to my manifold to try and seal it better, if indeed it was leaking. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457355&highlight=FAST+manifold+le ak I also have the MAP sensor sealed with RTV (sensor safe Permatex). It actually was a little frayed around the sealing ribs.
    Anything is possible at this point. I'm going to try and tune it out. If I can't do it easily, The manifold is coming off and I'm going to re-seal it, or send it back to FAST and have them do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast