Thread: TCC Lockup Issues

Default TCC Lockup Issues

I am having issues with the transmission tune. I tried to erase all the TCC lockup because it bucks while driving. It doesn't release at throttle percentages when commanded. It is locking when it "shouldn't" be. I am quite the beginner at all of this and looking for help as to what I might be overlooking.

I can go out and log specific parameters if that might help. Just looking for a list of PID's that would be useful. Any help is much appreciated. I have attached my latest tune in hopes of somebody passing along info as to why the converter reacts differently than what I think it should be.

9-28-14 -Tune_0018.ctz

Lifetime Member

Compare lock/unlock TCC values and make sure the unlock values are set below the corresponding lock values. If they arent, weird things happen. Same with all upshift/downshift tables. There's a great spreadsheet on here that you can copy/paste your data in to and it will graphically display the curves.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Compare lock/unlock TCC values and make sure the unlock values are set below the corresponding lock values. If they arent, weird things happen. Same with all upshift/downshift tables. There's a great spreadsheet on here that you can copy/paste your data in to and it will graphically display the curves.
    I was having issues when I got the car back from the tuner. I downloaded the spreadsheet and revised my settings. I was still having issues. At this point, I tried switching the lock/unlock to all "256" so the converter would not lock but it is still locking.

That spreadsheet is very helpful.