Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Known issues with Oct 28, 2014 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

Lifetime Member

Issue 6:
    E86B full flashing will not complete. ECM can only be recovered using TIS.
    Workaround:
    None. DO NOT USE FULL FLASH OPTION.

Is there plans in the future to support this?
    Thanks
    Robert
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

It's fixed in the beta software and is scheduled for our next release.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Thanks Cindy, also is all controller flashing now done under the V8 software? My LMM the flash fails under the V7.5, I glanced back through the known issue's or change log and did not see anything.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

Controller flashing for V7 is still functional on all controllers originally supported by V7. New controllers are only ever supported in V8. No one has reported V7 flashing issues with the Oct 28 software as far as I can recall.

You may want to disconnect and try again,.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I purchased a roadrunner recently and it appears that when you launch the editor with the v2 plugged in, it overrides the license file check and stops me from being able to flash direct to the roadrunner.

I need to open up the editor without the v2 plugged first otherwise I get a "your device is not licensed for this cable" or something along those lines. it's not a show stopper it's just annoying as all hell.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    I purchased a roadrunner recently and it appears that when you launch the editor with the v2 plugged in, it overrides the license file check and stops me from being able to flash direct to the roadrunner.

I need to open up the editor without the v2 plugged first otherwise I get a "your device is not licensed for this cable" or something along those lines. it's not a show stopper it's just annoying as all hell.
    Does your RR license/registration key have the correct FlashScan serial number in it? Does it have the correct license type in it?
    To make sure, email me (paul@efilive.com) your license.txt file and I'll make sure it is configured properly.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Not sure if anybody else is having these issues as well but I am having a few. When reading out file the information for the speedometer is all incorrect. Will read 3.72 for gear ratio every time as well as 19.88" tires. Even on different trucks and different ecms. Lmm lml lb7 lly. Also having lots of problems with full flashes going through but not being a complete file. As I will have modules acting up as like the vane position sensor will kick in and out by itself. I reflash total tune will fix it. Have had to flash one truck 3 times with same tune for it to finally run right. Also have studdering idle also fixed with retuning same info. Tuning is going through perfect with no errors during flashing. Becoming quite the issue. As Lmm trucks take 15min for 1 flash. Also having to find out what gear ratio each truck has because software says same thing everytime. C5500 with 3.72 gears and said had like 90" tires as at 10 mph real world truck thought it was going 90. Any help would be great. Thanks.
    Just some guy

Looks like rcr1987 is having same issue. Diffently seems more prominent in Lmm and lbz trucks. 6 of them yesterday. Was a total nightmare.
    Just some guy

Default Access violation at address error

For whatever reason I recently (like the past year) whenever opening up EFI Live V8 Scan and tune to and try and click on the icons on the left side of the page ie scan, tune,obd,bbx,devices,license,tools I get the error message " ACCESS VIOLATION AT ADDRESS 61009268 IN MODULE 'EFILIVE_SCANANDTUNE.EXE READ OF ADDRESS 61009268"

Once I get this error I can't do anything with the software such as purchase new tuning credits (because it must be done with V8 now) or tune the Cummins trucks because they require the full flash procedure used from the Scan and Tune app

I am running Windows 8, and V8.2.2.263, and V7.5.269. This is the OCT 28 release. This problem has occurred on multiple different versions of EFI live however so I think it is something in Windows 8.

I have had intermittent success going to C/USERS/EFIlive/V8 and deleting the instance of EFI Live Hapi that has showed up and that worked but not anymore. My only other option is to uninstall/reinstall the software to only have it work again for a short while.

I have submitted a case in EFI live help but have received no response as of yet.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Any resolution to this? Whatever is causing it has rendered the V8 tool useless to me. I can't use it without getting the errror message. Can't buy additional licenses, can't full flash dodges. I feel however that it is not being caused from the new update, but more a compatibility with Windows 8 and EFI Live V8 software. (The V7.5 works fine)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast