Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Find that timing retard!

Lifetime Member

Default Find that timing retard!

Trying to understand where the timing went to on the launch, around frames 2265. It went to zero. Traction was an issue so I was pedaling the car, but I still don't understand why the timing went as low as it did. Traction control on the car was turned off, ignore the burnout as I did forget to turn traction control off there. Tune and log attached.Log_10-3-14_track4.efiturbo tune_60lb injectors_CLfulltune2.ctz

Lifetime Member

My initial thought was DFCO was kicking in since it was large throttle and then let off and then back on, but there are map and other restrictions on DFCO before it actually kicks in.

Try logging some of the spark pids in the scan tool to try and see what is pulling the timing.
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

Lifetime Member

It's not my car so I can't just log it whenever. I was hoping it would be something obvious in the tune that I am just missing. On launch it starts to wheel hop so we had to pedal it and its seems like the frame after we're high tps% and then let out before getting back on the gas, it drops timing to nothing. Hence, the thought of DFCO or something else that would do that.

Not looking at the tune or log. But have you checked knock? Burst knock can do some dumb stuff, also if it's an auto check torque management. How much timing is being pulled?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by picnic_george View Post
    Not looking at the tune or log. But have you checked knock? Burst knock can do some dumb stuff, also if it's an auto check torque management. How much timing is being pulled?
    Zero knock and burst knock table is set to pull zero degrees. Car is an M6. From what I gather, the car was pulling somewhere between 6-8 degrees. Initially I saw the timing was going to single digits and realized it was in the high g/cyl low rpm area of the main octane spark table. I fixed that and now it still seems to be dropping to zero if its peddled. If you floor it from a 1mph rolling start so it doesnt wheel hop, then we dont see the timing drop.

Not jumping back into the base(idle) spark table is it? Sorry I can't view it, just trying to help you find the problem.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by picnic_george View Post
    Not jumping back into the base(idle) spark table is it? Sorry I can't view it, just trying to help you find the problem.
    Worst case timing in the base table is 17*. It feels like a Cat Over Temp or something stupid like DFCO. Are you not able to view the tune because of the SW version you have or is my attachment not work?

I'm not on my tuning computer.

Lifetime Member

I gotcha. Thanks for your help anyways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast