Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Cab & Chassis Tune

Default 2011 Cab & Chassis Tune

I'm getting ready to mess with a buddies truck and am unable to find the base tune with all of the matching segments. The 2011 CC tune off of 4-share is close but System, Fuel System, and Engine Diagnostic segments do not match. I have not messed with an LML yet, I'm I over-thinking it? If any one has a tune to share it would be greatly appreciated.

Boot Software 12646251
    Slave OS 12646250
    Main OS 1264249
    Engine 12655861
    Speedometer 12646367
    System 1265580
    Fuel System 12646323
    Engine Diagnostic 12655866
    Engine Operation 12655863

Thanks

Sam

I can provide you with the correct base tune.

PM Me for details.

Tony
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

If you can find the segments you need within the same main OS you can mix and match them to get the ones you need. I had to do this in the past for a truck I did. Also check TIS and make sure that you are dealing with the correct family of segments (as GM releases updates the numbers change, however as long as its in the same family (IE an older revision) the truck will work as intended.

Because having the OBD-II read restriction really stopped these things getting tuned right? Thanks for that whoever decided to do this at GM/Bosch, such a PITA.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yes indeed it is a PIA sometimes. I have also mixed and matched segments in the past to make a proper base tune; its just that I am unable to find the correct three segments that I mentioned in the first post. I have looked through the 80 plus tunes that I have for the LML's
    All in all at least they are not as bad as the BMW' s.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 RUM View Post
    All in all at least they are not as bad as the BMW' s.
    EDC17, same dog, different ****
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yeah but my experience with the Bimmers are helping to try and make sense of these tables. Cobb has done a good job of laying out what you need to do to get the desired results. Its just starting to get more difficult because to make a change you pretty much have to make the computer agree with you that that change is warranted. If not its not going to listen and just going to disregard you and continue on what it was doing. These trucks are no different.

I didn't know Cobb did Diesel tuning, I thought they were Nissan, Subaru etc, interesting. I assume you cannot read the tune from a BMW too, how do they handle that situation?

Oh no sorry this is on a turbo gas (but direct injected) engine. So pretty different. But the ways in the ECM works with its torque control I have found many similarities with them and these. Sorry to confuse

Ah ok. I know a few people who do Euro tuning MED17 etc, yeah such fun it sounds like, essentially it is always a battle against torque models etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast