Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Licensed FlashScan Rejected

G'day Joe,
    Sorry for delay in responding to your previous message. Up at Bathurst. Will check out the serial numbers when I get back.
    Peter
    HSV GTS Coupe 6.3Lt LS1, 224/234 @115, 1 3/4" Tri Y, M6, LS7 Clutch, True Trac.

G'day Joe,
    I have gone back into different tunes to see if I can correlate licenses to tunes. Using V8, I can for the most part marry up the serial numbers/licences as displayed in the Flashscan (F7: Licenses > F3: VINS) under column Engine, with the controller serial numbers attached to each tune. But not all. Any time I have Full Flashed a pre constructed starter/base tune, the tune then features the new vehicles VIN but different controller serial number to the number visible in Flashscan. I have no idea if this makes any sense. At any rate by process of elimination, the license numbers appear to be in chronological order therefore #8 license listed as 2PGVP2039 is our problem PCM.

Peter

Now you have to see if this PCM has that same serial number (#8)... the software will show you the serial number of the PCM you are currently connected to...

G'day Joe,
    Am using V7.5 to connect to the PCM. The only licensing serial numbers it comes up with is the serial number for the flashscan unit.
    Using V8 to connect to the PCM, F4: OBD > F2: Controller all I get is a heap of zero's. Remember, I managed to get a empty 1290005 OS into it. It won't allow me to populate that OS with a calibration file. This is where it calls for another license.
    Peter

Screenshots as described above.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V7.5 Screen.PNG 
Views:	247 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	17598

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V8 Screen.PNG 
Views:	302 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	17599

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Hi Peter,

After flashing in a custom OS the PCM will be in a non-responsive (dead-poll) state because the custom OS file (deliberately) does not contain any calibrations. While the PCM is in the dead-poll state it will not return any VIN, serial number or segment number data. The VIN and serial number data is still (or should still be) in the PCM but because the PCM is in dead-poll mode you will see all zeros in the screen shot that you posted.

If the serial number is still intact in the controller then you should be able to cal-flash a tune into the PCM and restore it to normal operation. But I presume based on your earlier posts that it is asking for a VIN license because it does not recognize the serial number in the PCM.

To determine what the serial number is, can you please read out the contents of the controller? When you start reading it, it will most likely say that the controller does not have a valid calibration, but go ahead and read it out anyway.

Then send me the tune file that you read out, send it to paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

G'day everyone at EFILive,

Just a quick note to say thanks for all your help, Paul in particular. Car is up and running and all is well!

Kind Regards,
    Peter

Did this get resolved? I recently updated all my software and firmware so that it is identical between my laptop and tablet. And I get error 0533 on my transmission calibrations. My ecm calibrations flash just fine so I'm confused what is going on.

Hi tabio42,
    Yes, the issue you refer to was resolved. Just as Paul alluded to in post #16, it ended up being a serial number issue.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by GTS 383 View Post
    Hi tabio42,
    Yes, the issue you refer to was resolved. Just as Paul alluded to in post #16, it ended up being a serial number issue.
    Peter
    So a cal-flash did the trick? Or was there another solution?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12