Thread: Tuning Fuel Pressure Base Duty Cycle & P.I.D Control

Default Tuning Fuel Pressure Base Duty Cycle & P.I.D Control

Would anybody be interested in sharing some insight on this? I'm having what I've been told is referred to as rail surge. Basically where the actual rail psi constantly over/under shoots the desired. I know that reducing the % in the Base Duty Cycle table will help smooth this out but I don't know how far I can reduce it. Has anyone had any luck adjusting the P.I.D control to further smooth the actual rail psi?

I have not played with P.I.D. control. But I have found that playing with Fuel Pressure Reg, Current Conversion can help.
    EFILive Beta Tester

2006 DODGE RAM 2500 4X4 Industrial Injection R1 100HP Injectors and BAG-O-PARTS, ATS Exhaust Manifold, AFE 67MM Turbo and MANIFOLD

Quote Originally Posted by LaydSierra View Post
    Would anybody be interested in sharing some insight on this? I'm having what I've been told is referred to as rail surge. Basically where the actual rail psi constantly over/under shoots the desired. I know that reducing the % in the Base Duty Cycle table will help smooth this out but I don't know how far I can reduce it. Has anyone had any luck adjusting the P.I.D control to further smooth the actual rail psi?
    I was curious if you had gotten this problem fixed. My truck does this also. How much is your actual over and under shooting the desired?
    07 dodge 2500 5.9 cummins, 2inch level, modified air box, deleted exhaust, Efi live tuning, borg warner gov. Solenoid, billet transmission, 35 inch terra grapplers
    22 ram 2500 6.7 6 inch lift 22x12 welds, 37x13.5

i had some problems on the dyno doing low load pulls. higher load and on the street pressure stayed more stable. what conditions are you having osculation at?
    Calibrator @ The Roadster Shop
    www.roadstershop.com

Quote Originally Posted by LaydSierra View Post
    Mainly in the lower load areas. Basically same as your problem.how much was your varying?
    07 dodge 2500 5.9 cummins, 2inch level, modified air box, deleted exhaust, Efi live tuning, borg warner gov. Solenoid, billet transmission, 35 inch terra grapplers
    22 ram 2500 6.7 6 inch lift 22x12 welds, 37x13.5