Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wet v2 help!

Default Wet v2 help!

I have a efilive commercial flash scan v2 that had a drink spilled on it. It was immediately turned off and dried. When I tried to use it again it is no longer recognized by my computer. It powers up on both my obd2 port and usb, but when checking ''status'' it says no device connected? How do I get my tool repaired? Ive really gotten myself in a pinch here with a vehicle waiting. Any help is greatly appreciated.

What did you spill on it...?

Did you open the case and dry it out on the inside...?

Where are you located...?

I did not I was kind of afraid to open it up I am in the United States Florida

It has void if open labels on it. I guess its not under warranty anymore so no need to worry about that. It was a soda. Tipped over in the console where my v2 was sitting.

Normally as long as it wasn't salt water you can dry off the liquid and everything should be fine.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The display has some lines going through it horizontally also. Its had a couple for a some time, but its substantially worse now. Ill take the covers off and clean it and report back.

It probably still has liquid trapped behind circuit board and under the display (Coke is mildly acidic and conductive).

Open the cover,
    remove the circuit board,
    use CRC MAF Cleaner (not brake cleaner, not alcohol) to lightly spray both sides of circuit board to remove soda pop residue,
    also spray under display, inside connectors, and case;
    use Dust-Off canned air to thoroughly blow it dry (including under display);
    re-assemble.

LOL, I generally don't allow drinks in my car (this gained me negative points with my wife), nor in my customer's car while tuning.

Lesson learned lol. And thank you very much for the tips. There is a syrupy residue on the board etc. I will get some maf cleaner tomorrow and report back.

So I went about the methods described. I no doubt need to have the display replaced at a minimum, lots of distortion via lines in the screen. But still no luck with the software recognizing the v2. It turns on both when attached to my pc and when attached to the vehicle dlc. The drivers are installed on the pc. The pc sees a connection when the usb is attached. But when I check "status" no v2 is seen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast