Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning Assistance

Default Tuning Assistance

Hey guys looking for a little direction for my truck. Built motor 100% injectors, dual CP3's, S475 single, 2500 stall converter. I am having a little difficulty spooling my turbo. This is the latest tune I have built and would like to know if there are areas that I could improve on to help spool the turbo.

Thanks in the advance guys!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by WisconsinHick1; November 20th, 2014 at 07:08 AM.
    2002 Chevy Duramax with a few supporting mods.

Me personally, I would start by correcting your pulse width tables in the idle areas to bring actual fueling inline with what it is fueling better(you have more pulsewidth in the idle areas than stock, I owuld imagine the ECM is only showing 3 or 4 MM3 of fuel at idle on this tune with that big of an injector). You don't have many changes to the pulsewidth in the lower RPM areas to correct for 100 over injectors. 2nd I would pull ALOT of timing out of your tune down low. Your running ALOT of timing for that big of an injector IMO. 4.2 degrees at idle, and rapidly ramping up to 8 isn't good for spooling a charger. Retarding the timing will send more of the heat out the exhaust to help spool the turbo(but it is a balancing act because retrding it to much will give you alot of black smoke). And what I found to help my stock charger was to ramp up the rail pressure quicker, shutting pilot off sooner, and reducing pilot timing up high. It will make the engine louder, but I can light off my stock LB7 charger almost as quick as a VVT does on a newer truck now.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Thank you for the feedback! I will make some adjustments and see what happens!

Ferm how do I adjust to kill pilot faster? What tables should I be looking at?

try B0748 Pilot Injection Quantity

in the lower RPM and high mm3 areas drop em to 0

for timing (stock charger) I have real low timing numbers in the same areas, and like Ferm mine spools just as fast as my LMM if not faster. obviously you will need to make your adjustments based on your larger turbo and how loose the converter is and dont forget the transmission shift speed, that can help too
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

Thanks for the help LB72004. I see what I come up with!

would this work good on a bone stock lb7 truck with stock and built trans in it.

"with stock and built trans in it"

not sure what you mean by this but in general, yes.

the biggest difference is you can't turn it up as much with a stock trans vs built. keep the HP less than around 50-60 above stock fueling with a stock transmission if you want it too live long. fueling plays a big part in how fast the turbo spools. less fuel typically means slower spooling turbo. but stock turbos spool pretty fast already but can be make faster following the above posts.
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

I wouldn't run it.

I have a customer with built trans in his dmax. but stock turbo and stock injectors but headstuds and screw in injector cups. just looking to get him off the line a tad bit quicker. he is wating for tax season again to upgrade the turbo and injectors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast