Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CM2200A Cummins Questions

Hardway performance has 13+ tuning options, not sure how he's doing it but its a combination of h&s and bully dog I think
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/20...13-tuning.html

Doesn't show anything on their web store at the moment but the category is still there

http://hardwayperformance.com/custom...7-cummins.html
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Lifetime Member

Yep I talked to them down at ennis and they said its 1500.00 lol. uses the BD tuner to unlock and then he said something about set the VGT at 50% which didn't make sense to me about how that would have anything to do with a delete.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Probably "rumble". Also seems to be something to do to verify that the tune flashes correctly. Sometimes when it doesn't it will still have 90% vane pos after flash even tho you demand 40-50.... it CAN be an indicator that the delete tune didn't take properly.... but take what I have to say with a grain of salt. Lol
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by RADustin View Post
    I'm sure unlocking could be done though the obd port. right after you figure out the RSA string.
    time frame wise I think that'll be right after Jesus's second coming.
    RSA Digital signatures are pretty much uncrackable in this day and age, you can't figure it out, many math geniuses have tried and failed, it is not even worth considering, they occasionally find exploits but not solid solutions. Nobody doing Cummins has figured the RSA signatures, they can only be bypassed via some slightly open back doors.

BD unit seems to backdoor the RSA and switch it off without actually figuring it out. Be nice to know what it is actually doing and if same is possible on LML dmax.
    That is exactly how it is done, switching it off is tricky too as the flag is not meant to be accessible on a production ECM. I could explain how it is done as we do it on the CM2100 and CM2200, but then this isn't MHH right! so I won't
    LML, there is probably no need to kill the RSA on it unless you want to modify the OS, in which case you are probably clinically insane to want to do that.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    LML, there is probably no need to kill the RSA on it unless you want to modify the OS, in which case you are probably clinically insane to want to do that.
    Lol!!! Get me my straight jacket!
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Since we're talking about the abyss does anyone know what variant of ECM the VM Ecodiesel is based off of? Seems those that have bypassed the 13+ ECM have done the same with the ecodiesel already...
    2005 Cummins - EFILive Conversion - S474 single - 1325hp on the spray.

Default CM2200A Cummins Questions

The ecodiesel is an edc17c79. I haven't seen a patch yet on the ECM. The ecodiesel tuning requires splitting the case still at this point.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    RSA Digital signatures are pretty much uncrackable in this day and age, you can't figure it out, many math geniuses have tried and failed, it is not even worth considering, they occasionally find exploits but not solid solutions. Nobody doing Cummins has figured the RSA signatures, they can only be bypassed via some slightly open back doors.

That is exactly how it is done, switching it off is tricky too as the flag is not meant to be accessible on a production ECM. I could explain how it is done as we do it on the CM2100 and CM2200, but then this isn't MHH right! so I won't
    DSP hope is a hard dream to shatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    Lol!!! Get me my straight jacket!
    no lie. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins610 View Post
    Since we're talking about the abyss does anyone know what variant of ECM the VM Ecodiesel is based off of? Seems those that have bypassed the 13+ ECM have done the same with the ecodiesel already...
    Quote Originally Posted by vortecfcar View Post
    The ecodiesel is an edc17c79. I haven't seen a patch yet on the ECM. The ecodiesel tuning requires splitting the case still at this point.
    What Nick said, there is no option on those apart from opening the case to patch out the security. That ECM contains the latest anti-tuning updates from Bosch.

DSP hope is a hard dream to shatter.
    Let me go on record by saying that I will never write DSP for the LML, the Tri-Core CPU is just awful, I don't mind a challenge but the thought of doing such a thing is too much for this ageing man to deal with.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast