Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CM2200A Cummins Questions

Lifetime Member

In all honestly I'm glad it will be nice to not putting switches in and as fast as these cal flash we can change tunes in a minute. I use two of my dsp5 settings anymore and tow with exhaust brake and Hot.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Let me go on record by saying that I will never write DSP for the LML, the Tri-Core CPU is just awful, I don't mind a challenge but the thought of doing such a thing is too much for this ageing man to deal with.
    well you have two semi-idiots eager to help should you change your mind. I understand your stance on the issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by RADustin View Post
    well you have two semi-idiots eager to help should you change your mind. I understand your stance on the issue though.
    I'm pretty sure I can almost quote those Infinion manuals in my sleep
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by RADustin View Post
    Please appreciate that we've walked all these roads before with every ECM we've touched in the last 10 years, I know what technical battles to choose vs waste of time/life and Tri-Core ECM assembler isn't one of them, especially how Bosch code is written. Understanding CPU op-codes is one thing (the easy part) inserting custom code without upsetting subroutine timings, RAM variables, Register values that need to be preserved etc, etc is the hard part and as I said about Bosch code, the way it all finally turns out once they compile the code makes that task really tricky. It was a struggle on the Bosch PowerPC CPU's and I know that CPU inside out.
    Last edited by GMPX; November 6th, 2014 at 01:15 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

We are beyond appreciative of everything you do and have done. Don't mistake us in that..... but yeah we understand your stance on it.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY

I don't want to come across as a know it all because I don't know it all , just giving you some words of wisdom on my Bosch experiences.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

By far, all this is definitely one of my favorite hobbies being its a combination of my two favorite things, electronics and engines..... The hardest part up to now has been finding any information at all on where to start on all this. Or finding the "Old guy" that's willing to pass on the knowledge cause I know being "Self-taught" on all this is only going to get me so far. But its fun none the less. But the hints, help, and just any little bits of information that you throw our way is appreciated. This aint MHH, but sometimes that small nudge in the right direction is all you need to figure it out yourself.... seems to be working so far.

So I do gotta thank you for everything you do with your product. Is definitely inspiring.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345