Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I Download to a Later Software Build

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hi Steve,

Click on the column heading "Parameter" once or twice to sort by that column, then eyeball down that column until you see your pids.

Also, you may have to do a Validate Pids (while connected to PCM).
    Thanks Joe, however I did click the "Parameter" column heading until they were sorted in ascending alpha order for the first screen shot of the PIDs tab. Also, note that "Supported" check box is not checked/ticked, so that should give me all of the possible PIDs in the table (both supported and unsupported by my PCM/OS). Also, I did Validate PDIs several times when I was logging some data. I got anywhere from 55 to 65 PIDs as being available. It is my recollection that several years ago, I would get about 100 valid PIDs.

One of the things that I can't figure out is why the GM specific PIDs don't at least show up as being available but unsupported on the PIDs (F8) tab since these PIDs are clearly in the pids_info.txt file.

Steve

Steve,

Try this:

in scantool, do this:
    - File->Select Controller (select LS1B),
    - File->Enter VIN (enter your VIN),
    - connect to vehicle (green button at upper LHS),
    - on PIDs tab uncheck Supported PIDS,
    - Info->Validate pids.

If that does not work, then delete/rename the pid_info.txt file, and repeat the above.

Thanks Joe, I'll give it a try and let you know the results!

Also, just to clairify; if I rename the existing file to something like old_pid_info.txt and go through the steps you've recommended, should EFILive generate a new/replacement pid_info.txt file?

Yes, EFILive should generate a new pid_info.txt file.

Joe,
    A few added thoughts:

1. If this doesn't work (steps listed in post #12, above), what do you think that I should do next?

2. If I create a new directory/folder like (EFILive Build 2XX) in Documents and download a more current version of the software to see if this resolves the GM Specific PIDs issue, would this tell you something more? I'm not opposed to going to a newer, stable build. The only reason that I was hesitant was the thought of an initial learning curve when I'm just getting my head back into the log, tune process and trying a different way of tuning like CALC VET.

3. If I do go to a newer build, what build would you recommend? I've thought about V7.5.7, Build 262.

4. It's interesting to note that I can't see any GM specific PIDs on any of my old files or even the sample logged data (*.efi files) on either my laptop or desktop computers. I used to be able to do this as I would almost always log KR and some others like commanded AFR (see attached file).

5. I'm running Windows 7 on both laptop and desktop, but my drivers are possibly not the most current...they all have file dates of 2011 or earlier.

Thanks again. I know that my many questions probably try your patience!

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Steve Bryant; November 17th, 2014 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Added point 5.

Hi Steve,

With Win7/Win8 you have make sure that you have privilege to write to system folders/directories before installing the V7 software (i.e. log in as Admin, and make sure that the system folders allow all privileges to Admin).

Also make sure your EFILive software license registration info has been entered (Help->Register).

I would download and try V7 build 269 from here: Update Oct 28

I'll take a closer look at your files.

No worries... it is odd that you can't view old log files, we'll figure out what is happening.

Joe,
    I haven't loaded V7.5.7 Build 269 on my Laptop yet, but I went ahead and replaced Build 180 with 269 on my desktop and I now have my GM specific PIDs back (see attachments). I'll now make the changes on my laptop and validate PIDs, log some data, etc. and report back. Right now, the problem appears to be some fluke in my Build 180 software.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F10B of Dyno Run 5 V7.5.7 Build 180.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	551.2 KB 
ID:	17682   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F10B of Dyno Run 5 V7.5.7 Build 269.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	484.3 KB 
ID:	17683   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PID List of Dyno Run 5 V7.5.7 Build 269.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	379.6 KB 
ID:	17685  
    Last edited by Steve Bryant; November 18th, 2014 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Removed incorrect thumbnail

Now for the software on the laptop. I first tried the steps in post 12 and nothing worked. Then I replaced build 180 with build 269 and everything seems to work normally now. After validating the PIDs with the scan tool connected and Build 269, I now have 365 detected PIDs (one for each day of the year)! I'm sure that I'll have more questions, but right now, I'm a very happy camper!

BTW, why did the .tun extension change to .ctz?

Thanks so much, Joe!
    Last edited by Steve Bryant; November 18th, 2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Added the first sentence in first paragraph for clairity.

.ctz = more compact compression compared to .tun

tunetool opens .tun and .ctz, saves as .ctz (i.e. you can convert your .tun files to .ctz )

I've been using Shawn's CALC.VET Tuning Tutorial and the Calc.VET thread as a guide. Since my OS (09381344) doesn't have some of the PIDs that I need, I replaced my calc_pids.txt file with the one in the attachment (from section III in post 1 of the Calc.VET thread with my modification for my PLX analog AFR). Note: I've substituted my PLX analog Lambda calculation (CALC.AFR_PLX1/14.68) in the CALC.WO2BEN formula. However the following calculated PIDs don't work (they all hinge on CALC.WO2BEN being correct): CALC.WO2BEN, CALC.SELBEN and CALC.VET.

Please take a look at my calc_pids.txt and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again,

Steve

PS
    I've logged some data and uploaded and downloaded tune files and that's all going good.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast