Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Should I Download to a Later Software Build

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bryant View Post

The log files here represent a more traditional two step approach for setting up VE and the MAF as follows:

• set-up the VE table with the MAF disabled using LTFT as the controlling reference plus
    • set-up the MAF with VE disabled using LTFT as the controlling agent
    • both logs were made with the same tune that had VE, MAF, PE, LTFT, STFT and DFCO enabled.
    Hi Steve,

Some comments/oobservations:

Calc.VET is the same as AutoMAF (MAF correction using wideband-only) with calculation of VE table thrown in;

Calc.MAFT is the same as AutoVE (VE correction using wideband-only) with calculation of MAF table thrown in;

both methods can be tailored to use wideband, LTFT, STFT or any combination thereof for the correction BEN pid;

both methods will correct/calculate the cells in the MAF/VE whose operating condition (i.e. the axes) have been hit
    (i.e. for example, Calc.VET can calculate VE table only from the MAP and RPM points hit)
    you still have to interpolate/smooth to obtain the unhit cells.

Calc.VET is quick/easy to setup and log (disabling VE, or allowing transient filter to remove VE contributing frames);
    Calc.MAFT takes a bit more effort (disabling MAF).

PE:

I would leave PE enabled for several reasons:
    - the pids GM.EQIVRATIO and GM.AFR both match the PE table when PE is enabled (I prefer to use GM.EQIVRATIO);
    - it is safer to allow PE to kick in as required while driving;
    - PE kicking in/out usually coincides with throttle movement, and the transient filter filters this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bryant View Post
    I'm satisfied that VE and MAF are reasonably aligned and working properly at stoichiometric (Commanded EQR = 1.0). You've given me some excellent recommendations already in post #58. My remaining request is to take a look at the two logs (one running 87 octane and the other running 91 octane gas) regarding the KR that I'm getting occasionally. Obviously, enriching the Commanded EQR to 1.165 should help at WOT. So that's the main thrust of my questions beyond the recommendations that you made in post 58. I hope that this helps.
    In those logs, I see KR on throttle opening, each KR hump is jagged on top, indicating that it is real knock...

I would set B3618 to EQR 1.175.

Also, run at least 91 octane gasoline, since LQ4/LQ9 engine is designed with compression ratio 10, and you're not really saving much bu running less than 91 octane.

Joe,
    I have reviewed (studied/considered) your comments in posts 58, 71 and 72 and I will incorporate them into my further tuning and logging. Thank you very much for your knowledge and insight!

I appreciate your help in all things!

All my best,

Steve

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678