Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bosch LSU 4.9 Sensor

Default Bosch LSU 4.9 Sensor

I was just looking on the internet and saw that this sensor replaced the Bosch LSU 4.2. From what I read, it sounds like it is much more accurate than the 4.2. Does anyone know anything about this sensor? Is it that much better. I did a search on the forum and saw people were asking about support but the threads were in process so I assume it's something that is still being worked on by EFI Live? Is this the case? Thanks

The LC-2 uses the LSU4.9... FlashScan V2 serial comms supports the LC-2 (it is the same protocol as the LC-1/LM-1/LM-2).

I started using this sensor in AEM WB but i still did not notice any difference
    EFILive Tuner

Lifetime Member

Bump. From what I've read (no actual experience) the 4.9 has 25 reference points versus 10 for the 4.2 and overall is considered a more accurate sensor. I use an Innovate LM-1 and was wondering if the newer Bosch 4.9 is backwards compatible and just a plug n play; or do I have splice wires and/or change the pin out?

The 4.9 is also less susceptible to heat destroying the sensor. I've never been really happy with the life out of the 4.2's no matter what brand I used.

I've switched to a 4.9 on my dyno and the sample rate is also hell of a lot quicker than the older lsm 11 too. I'm just waiting on efilive to add support my specific brand.

Lifetime Member

^^^ Thanks. I've read the same from others making the switch. I did find the technical data sheets for both sensors. First there are two versions of the 4.9; automotive and motorsports. The only differences are the connectors, the pin outs and the motorsport version is available in different cable lengths. Compared to the 4.2 the connector shapes are similar, but the 4.9 is physically smaller and and the pins are different. The pin wires are the same between the two, however they are configured differently. So the question is once configured correctly, would the 4.9 work with the LM-1 or would there be a firmware issue?

unless your wideband specifically states support for the 4.9. they will not work. there is a difference in the way the heating control works as there is no longer an internal reference sample for "free air"

Lifetime Member

Got it. Once again, thanks for the quick reply. I see PLX has a WB kit that includes a 4.9 sensor and also has a digital serial output. Maybe I will buy that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    The 4.9 is also less susceptible to heat destroying the sensor. I've never been really happy with the life out of the 4.2's no matter what brand I used.

I've switched to a 4.9 on my dyno and the sample rate is also hell of a lot quicker than the older lsm 11 too. I'm just waiting on efilive to add support my specific brand.
    which brand are you using?

Im using a couple of ecotrons units.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast