Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: efilive or hptuners?

Quote Originally Posted by dian View Post
    also, do i understand correctly, i will loose the maf and closed loop with the 2 bar cos?
    No, you will not lose the MAF...

with a COS you can still run the MAF...
    the problem with the MAF in general is that larger boosts may exceed the PCM's MAF limit (512 g/s)... this is an internal limit of the PCM used on Gen3;

[ to avoid hitting this MAF limit, you would scale down the MAF, VE and IFR tables (and achieve the correct fueling) ]

did i just read somewhere, that a full reflash can be done with the commercial license only? so i cant do all this wth a regular system?
    The V1 interface had 3 license levels: Personal, Commercial, Workshop; an upgrade from Personal to Commercial was $50.
    The V2 interface had 2 license levels: Commerical and Workshop... i.e. when you purchase a V2 it already has Commercial level.

thanks, that helps.

Lifetime Member

Since this guy has a 2000 OS he can use a COS5 on it and I can make any cax file with any parameter. Not that he is going to need it, but COS5 is the best OS for an 0411 ECU, PERIOD. Unless anyone breaks the 512g/s limit, and i don't see that happening on an old outdated ECU, Efilive has everything and way much more than you could like. Once you start using EFILive you will fall in love with it and not look back.

Thanks
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

I also meant to add:

With the COS's, when running SD (MAF-less), a MAF DTC has to show up, but adaptive spark still works (sliding between HO and LO spark tables).

Of course, when running MAF'd, adaptive spark continues to work (no MAF DTC).

Yes, you can go to COS5/02020005 (which requires 2002 OS 12212156)... this gives you all of the above plus alpha-N (i.e. TP VE table) for HUGE duration cams.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    No, you will not lose the MAF...

with a COS you can still run the MAF...
    the problem with the MAF in general is that larger boosts may exceed the PCM's MAF limit (512 g/s)... this is an internal limit of the PCM used on Gen3;
    I have never ran a COS with a MAF but I would love to know why they can't make it to where when the MAF hits it's limit OR when the map sees over 101.3kPa(or insert kPa here) it disreguards the MAF all together and goes straight to SD? Not that it matters because I don't have any issues with SD cars.

hi

so i more and less decided to get hptuners. all this switching from 2000 to 2002 system, runnning a script (whatever that is), flashing in a cos just scares me. while im sure somebody who knows what hes doing will be just fine, am afraid there will be some stupid issue thats going to leave me stranded. in hptuners you just click on a button and get upgraded (i believe). on top of that, i just found out, you can do "black box logging" in hptuners too, no need for laptop in car.

Lifetime Member

The black box capabilities are nowhere near! Bbx on efilive is light years ahead

dont be scared! No need for custom os. But having the option is a big plus

aside from that you will get the best tuning support than anywhere. We are more upbeat than hpt forums

If you get efilive ill personally help you out in any endeavor you go through
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

hi

so i more and less decided to get hptuners. all this switching from 2000 to 2002 system, runnning a script (whatever that is), flashing in a cos just scares me. while im sure somebody who knows what hes doing will be just fine, am afraid there will be some stupid issue thats going to leave me stranded. in hptuners you just click on a button and get upgraded (i believe). on top of that, i just found out, you can do "black box logging" in hptuners too, no need for laptop in car.
    COS on efilive isn't that difficult at all. 1 more step over HPT, remember you can easily flash between OS(I.E. 00 f-body to 02) on efilive where you can't on HPT without licensing that OS. The 02 fbody OS is just better that's why people do it.
    The script he's talking about is to compare files, 2 different OS' can't use the compare function. In HPT some different OS' you can use compare but not all. If you're starting from scratch your best bet is to start with an 02 OS and tune from there anyways.

When you compare 2 tune files (having the same OS), you can tell the tunetool to generate a script of the differences...

you can then take this script and apply it to another file (that may have a different OS).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast