Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update: Oct 28, 2014

Lifetime Member

Scripting was never written to account for multiple instances of the same DTC. The next release will contain some scripting changes to specifically address that.

Given the broad changes being implemented for the next release, I would expect that it will need extensive beta testing prior to being made available publcily.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I installed the update above, but now I have no options to upgrade ANY Cummins OS to the CSP5 OS. That includes 5.9L & 6.7L OS's. I'm able to open previous 5.9L CSP5 files, but I can't upgrade anything to a CSP5. I've tried uninstalling, and wiping out the file directory for both V7.5 & V8. Reinstalling...still no CSP5 upgrade available...am I missing something?

Flashscan plugged in while you boot software?

Efilive crew: is it possible to get rid of the above feature? I keep my Flashscan at my shop and take my tuning laptop home with me. On several occasions I want to work and create files at home but cannot because the dang v2 needs plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post

Efilive crew: is it possible to get rid of the above feature? I keep my Flashscan at my shop and take my tuning laptop home with me. On several occasions I want to work and create files at home but cannot because the dang v2 needs plugged in.
    No it isn't...but I usually don't need it plugged in since I registered the software.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post

All you have to do is to enter in your V2 info under the help tab, register EFILive, in the tune tool and you will not have to have the v2 plugged in. This information will need entered again every time you install new software (it would be nice if the information was retained).
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by ATPCummins View Post
    All you have to do is to enter in your V2 info under the help tab, register EFILive, in the tune tool and you will not have to have the v2 plugged in. This information will need entered again every time you install new software (it would be nice if the information was retained).
    I was wrong. Even though my software is registered, it won't let me do CSP5 upgrade without the V2 connected. As soon as I connected the V2, CSP5 upgrade is available. DSP5 upgrade doesn't require the V2 to be plugged in, but CSP5 evidently does. Must be some security feature they worked into their protocol. I don't remember having to do that in the past, but I keep the V2 plugged in a lot, so maybe I just didn't notice.

They started working in these things awhile back. I am sure EFI Live has their reasons. If you have a good internet connection I would suggest setting up a remote desktop that you can use and log into from anywhere. This way you dont have the carry the V2 with you but you can still make tunes should the need arise.

V2 must be plugged in to upgrade to a COS or CVN restore
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Lifetime Member

I have done a lot of tuning without the v2 plugged in, but I guess I haven't tried doing an OS upgrade without it plugged in. I usually just leave it plugged in for various other reasons. Good info.
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Correct with CSP it needs plugged in, crapy. DSP it doesn't need plugged in. Would be nice if CSP wasn't this way but i'm sure their is a reason.
    Last edited by comnrailpwr; December 3rd, 2014 at 09:20 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast