Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New member looking for some input on tune

ok cool!

I reset the 3601 to 14.2 now.

It says selected pids 30 but the selected channels is 24 so this would be correct then?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Try with current MAF table...

or if you see a consistent say 6% LTFT on each bank, then increase the MAF table by 6%...

and either way see how you go.

If you did not bump up the MAF table, you will soon see that you didn't in the correction map.
    When I was first logging I noticed that it was giving about +4-6 percent most of the time. Just wondering since I didnt want to make it worse right off the bat.

I guess this is where I am getting a little foggy again. The Maf would only be above 4k rpms though correct?........ Ok I think I understand now, you are talking about after a few rounds of calc.ve........
    Last edited by izcain; December 5th, 2014 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by izcain View Post

It says selected pids 30 but the selected channels is 24 so this would be correct then?
    Yes, correct;

some pids occupy 1 channel, other pids occupy 2 channels, and CALC and EXT pids occupy zero channels.

Also note: a CALC pid can be added to a log after it has been taken (as long as the actual pids it uses have been logged).

Oh ok I understand! Seems like once you get the pids setup things will go a lot better lol

I will flash it again with the proper stoich and try to get a log with the wideband and see about doing my first round and see how far out it is.

I know this doesnt pertain to the fuel tables but do you normally zero out of the burst spark timing when tuning? or do you leave them alone?

Also would I be better to change the O2 to 450mV?
    Last edited by izcain; December 8th, 2014 at 06:54 PM.

I usually leave the spark tables alone... are you seeing KR...?

Yes, set O2 switch points to 450 mV (later tunes from GM seem to do this).

no Im not seeing any kr but I believe the spark tables are very lazy. I think I will copy in the ls1 Camaro spark tables after getting the fuel a little more in order and see what happens.

Just seems like the lazy timing map makes for a boggy type of feel that's all.

I will look at the o2 switch points and see.

I normally zero out burst knock during the airmass tuning phase, then tune burst knock or use stock values. My reasoning behind this is that while the VE table is taking shape, burst knock may occur due to the higher cell values we use for the base tune. Smoothing between runs helps stop this occurring, but I would rather take it right out of the equation from the start.
    The Tremor at AIR

So I hope this will be an ok start for a log. Do you guys agree that it could use more fuel in areas?

I didnt zero out the burst knock yet however I did not notice any kr to speak of

Saw the fuel trims go as high as 7.8 positive. They were positive for most all of the log.

Hopefully there will be some information in the log that we can use. I think I have the wideband working correctly I just put it in the rear o2.

o2's are in fact set to 450
    I guess I am still lost since I thought by changing the commanded air fuel to 14.2 afr that the pcm would try to acheive that but the wideband showed 14.5-.7 for most all of the log.

I tried to run a calc.vet but I come up with some numbers that are more then the ve table but others that are less. Guess im still a little lost.

Here is a screen shot of it. Maybe someone can tell me what im doing wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (3).png 
Views:	150 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	17809  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by izcain; December 9th, 2014 at 10:17 PM.

Maybe this would be the wrong way to go about this but what about just adding a small amount (1-3%) to the lower rpm portion (under 4k rpms) to get the ltft a little more in line? Working in small increments until ltft's are closer?
    Say 1 percent under 50 kpa and 2 percent about 50 kpa and the blend the middle a touch. Just ideas I was wondering about.

Another thing I was wondering about in the log was that when pe mode activated it still didn't pull it down to the 12:1 afr even with positive ltft's so would I be correct in thinking that the pcm just isn't giving it the amount of fuel it is asking for to begin with? Maybe I just didn't stay in it long enough since it was a shorty little burst just cause I wanted to see what the readout would be on the afr meter.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast