Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New member looking for some input on tune

Ok I understand. Thank you for showing me the graph!

Soon as I get this wideband issue sorted out I will post some logs and start a new thread about doing further improvements. I'm thinking there is a bit of mileage and power to be had in the timing tables since they look extremely restricted.

Some areas actually show negative amount! Jeesh

Look at the HO/LO spark timing tables in the 2002 Camaro file.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Look at the HO/LO spark timing tables in the 2002 Camaro file.
    Thats what I was looking at as well as other ones. Seems like that is a pretty big margin from areas of 2.7's, 5, and 10's in the stock tune to areas of 18's, 22s, and 25's in the camaro tune.

Over the last several days I have been working on trying to do a dry run of the calc.vet setup also and I now have it to where it will plot a log and show on the tables but it will not show any numbers I can use in the table it just has the cells highlighted that it hit but only displays the number of times it hit that cell so I am a little lost now. Is it because I am using logs that I am finding from the forums and not logs that I have made with the pid list that is setup?

Also it is showing that I need to go into the areas to filter out certain things and I was able to filter out all items it asks for except for the ext.w02.Lamba values since I dont even see this tab.......
    Last edited by izcain; November 30th, 2014 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by izcain View Post
    Thats what I was looking at as well as other ones. Seems like that is a pretty big margin from areas of 2.7's, 5, and 10's in the stock tune to areas of 18's, 22s, and 25's in the camaro tune.
    Is the vehicle a 2004 Denali with an LQ4 or LQ9...? Either of these should be able the run similar ignition timing to the LS1 Camaro... they all use the same cam (part #12561721 196/207 116 .467/.479).

Over the last several days I have been working on trying to do a dry run of the calc.vet setup also and I now have it to where it will plot a log and show on the tables but it will not show any numbers I can use in the table it just has the cells highlighted that it hit but only displays the number of times it hit that cell so I am a little lost now. Is it because I am using logs that I am finding from the forums and not logs that I have made with the pid list that is setup?
    Look at the map toolbar buttons... you have n clicked... click on x-bar (x with bar above it). Post screenshots.

Also it is showing that I need to go into the areas to filter out certain things and I was able to filter out all items it asks for except for the ext.w02.Lamba values since I dont even see this tab.......
    On the PIDs data tab, do you have EXT.WO2LAM1 selected...? Post screenshot.

Awesome I will look into that right now. I was able to finally get the rig back on the road and loaded the tune. I am definitely liking this! the shifting is not harsh at all but firmed up quite a bit and much improved. The 2-3 is still the softest part but I am thinking I am pretty happy with it right now since it is no where near as bad as it was before. It used to be you could climb a hill on the highway while accelerating and really feel the lag between 2-3 and now it is pretty much not there anymore!

Overall I think this was a big jump in the right direction right off the bat IMO

I took a log of the ride around. I dont have my wideband in yet but maybe this will provide a little more insight on where the tune should start out with. If I am understanding all of this I see that it seems like the pcm is commanding extra fuel most of the time. Always seems to be in positive amounts. Also looks like I dont really get much knock at all.

For the record yes this is a 04 LQ4 denali and I only run 92 octane from around here. Also since I just purchased it I went thru it so it has a full tune up and all filters changed as well as cleaned the MAF. Just not sure if the 02's are working well since it does have high miles on the rig as a whole (new transmission and other items)

................. Just changed the n to X and wow that really changes things for me. Things seem to be getting more clear on how this is done. Now its not a fog but more of a thick mist lol. So if im understanding this right the pcm is taking the value that the VE table has and also adding the additional to make itself happy and the end result is the value for that corresponding cell? Hence why you would copy the cells and paste them into the tune? Just want to make sure I am understanding this fully before proceeding.

Joecar you rock man! Thank you so much for the help so far!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by izcain; December 1st, 2014 at 07:29 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1).png 
Views:	243 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	17762

Here is a screen shot of using the LTFT and I believe running the auto ve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (2).png 
Views:	226 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	17763

Also here is the spark table for sd. Let me know if I am getting this close to right lol.

Also I looked and I did not have the EXT.W02LAM1 selected...... I do now though.
    Last edited by izcain; December 1st, 2014 at 06:59 PM.

2->3 shift: to firm this up a little:
    - lower the 2->3 Shift Torque Reduction curve in the area where you feel the "softness".
    - lower the 2->3 Shift Time curve, set it to 0.2 seconds.

More info, see post #4 here: Summary-Notes

When running MAF, PCM uses VE during throttle transients when rpm is below B0120 (4000 rpm) or when MAF has failed, otherwise it uses MAF (for non-transient, and above B0120).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    More info, see post #4 here: Summary-Notes

When running MAF, PCM uses VE during throttle transients when rpm is below B0120 (4000 rpm) or when MAF has failed, otherwise it uses MAF (for non-transient, and above B0120).
    So with the maf enabled I would be fine making adjustments to the ve table at the under 4k range (once my wideband is installed) but after that I would need to disable the maf before changing anything in ve above 4k rpms?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast