Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New member looking for some input on tune

Yes, just minorly tweak portions of the VE table (rule of thumb: if Calc.VET produces a good smooth MAF with correct IFR data, and the produced VE table is dubious, then make your own adjustments to VE... you will eventually have to isolate VE (disable MAF) and tune it using Calc.MAFT.

Also, did you remember to apply the transient filter before applying the maps to the tune (as shown in the Calc,VET thread)...?

If the AFR (or Lambda) did not reach the PE commanded richness level, then either the air model is still not right, or PE ramp in is too slow, or the wideband is not reading correctly

( make sure you use Lambda from the wideband and avoid AFR ).

I am thinking the pe ramp is just a bit slow. It did go and I was able to achieve 13.2 for a very short period. I didnt really stay in it though to find out.

I fallowed the filters on the thread.

I added 1 percent to the lower kpa section and 2 percent to the larger kpa section and blended the middle to keep it smooth and I noticed that the LTFT's went to 1-1.5% at lower rpms and only up to about 4 percent in the higher rpms. I think a touch more and I will just leave it alone and call it good. Then start tinkering on the spark tables.

Then I suppose I would have to relook at the fuel again once I touch spark?

The Afr appeared to be working correctly. It was constant 14.4-6 for most all throttle levels until the pe activated.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If the AFR (or Lambda) did not reach the PE commanded richness level, then either the air model is still not right, or PE ramp in is too slow, or the wideband is not reading correctly
    OR... maybe it's because he's plugged his wideband sensor into his rear o2 sensor bung.

izcain, do you have cats on the vehicle...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    izcain, do you have cats on the vehicle...?
    Yes it still has the factory cats and exhaust on. Maybe cats are changing afr for the readout on the wideband?

Is the rear o2 not a viable place to put the wideband? Or can I do this but make the difference by turning off that cat protection?

So I thought I would give an update. I have slowly been creeping up on the fuel table and am almost complete with that side now I believe. I filled up after running thru a tank of fuel and I had to double check my math since I had a hard time believing it. Before messing with tune it was about 15 and this last tank I have a hand calculated 18.59 with an extremely light foot! I have yet to add much timing (non to be exact yet) but I am very happy with the improvements so far!

Thanks for the update

Thanks for the help!

I think with some timing added to the table I may be able to squeak a bit more. It would be awesome to be able to knock down 20's out on the highway!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567