Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crank Idle table is defined incorrectly in '06 GTO Auto

Default Crank Idle table is defined incorrectly in '06 GTO Auto

I was getting so frustrated, I actually BOUGHT a tune cause I thought I was being stupid, and that tuner did the same mistake I did.... lol....

The Crank Timing table is referencing something else, or messed up or something. It looks wrong even in factory form, and if you alter it, you get no timing at WOT.

Took me many hours, removing one change at a time from my tune till I figured out what was causing my issue. As all things in life, it happened to be one of the last things I tried reverting to stock lmao!

Someone should refund me a vehicle credit

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyhotrod View Post
    I was getting so frustrated, I actually BOUGHT a tune cause I thought I was being stupid, and that tuner did the same mistake I did.... lol....

The Crank Timing table is referencing something else, or messed up or something. It looks wrong even in factory form, and if you alter it, you get no timing at WOT.

Took me many hours, removing one change at a time from my tune till I figured out what was causing my issue. As all things in life, it happened to be one of the last things I tried reverting to stock lmao!

Someone should refund me a vehicle credit
    "Crank" timing table? Which OS? EDIT: Oh...Cranking Spark.

Can you please explain, post some screenshots, I didn't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Can you please explain, post some screenshots, I didn't get it...
    I dont have it at home, the laptop is at the shop....

But there is a table called cranking ignition timing or something like that.

In this calibration, if you alter that table, it prevents ignition timing at WOT. Even stock, the table looks wrong, ie, most the timing values are linear, then there are some areas that seemingly inappropriately show -10.... giving the graph an odd appearance.... if you smooth this table out (remove the -10 values and replace them with linear values), your car will no longer give timing at WOT, and power falls in half lol.

So I bought a tune from WAIT4ME cause I could not resolve my problem in my tune.... tried his, and same thing.

So, I reverted a few changes at a time back to stock till miraculously, the power suddenly shot up where it was supposed to be.

Because I was on a dyno, and had constant ABS and Traction control issues, I at first assumed it was something related to that lol.

Anyway, here is the stock file, look at the graph of the cranking ignition timing table.
    Attached Files Attached Files

B5119: Cranking Spark

This table looks pretty much like every other E38 OS I've seen, so I do not believe the table is incorrect. This was spoken about in another thread and the -10' cells are thought to be there to stop pre-detonation during cranking.

I'm not sure about the WOT timing issue though. I've altered this table in other operating systems with no problems with WOT timing. As already mentioned though, a log file would help.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    B5119: Cranking Spark

This table looks pretty much like every other E38 OS I've seen, so I do not believe the table is incorrect. This was spoken about in another thread and the -10' cells are thought to be there to stop pre-detonation during cranking.

I'm not sure about the WOT timing issue though. I've altered this table in other operating systems with no problems with WOT timing. As already mentioned though, a log file would help.

Simon
    Yeah, I may have saved it...I'll look tonite. the car dyno'd 401rwhp through the auto on a Dynodynamics. If this table was altered, the car dyno tested under 200 rwhp with a VERY choppy graph, timing logged at either 0.5 or -0.5 degrees (dont recall).

It would be good to get a few logs done with only changes to this table. Do a few back and forth changes altering different values in this table to see what has the biggest effect on running timing. The thing is, that this table should only be referenced during the cranking cycle, as soon as cranking mode is exited, this table should not be used again.

Simon.

Lifetime Member

Simon just to clarify Johnyhotrod has an 06 GTO with an E40, not an E38. Have you played with this table on an E40 with good results?
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; May 20th, 2010 at 01:57 PM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Simon just to clarify Johnyhotrod has an 04 GTO with an E40, not an E38. Have you played with this table on an E40 with good results?

It does say 06 auto in his thread title?
    2005 HSV Maloo Ute, HKE 457ci Stroker LS2 E40, TFS 245's, 255/263 Hi Lift HUC, FAST LSXr 102, NW Billet 102 TB, FLT Level 7 4L65E, CircleD 4200 stall, Duspeed OTRCAI - Mafless, DF 1 7/8" LT's, 3" DiFilipo Duals, Serial LC-1 WB's

"An Old Dog learning new tricks"

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Simon just to clarify Johnyhotrod has an 04 GTO with an E40, not an E38. Have you played with this table on an E40 with good results?
    Actually... No. But the the back to back testing procedure would still hold for the E40. It will give a good indication of whether the entire table causes the problem of just a few particular cells.

Simon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast