Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2010-2015 Cummins Tuning Support moves into Beta

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by SASDakota View Post
    I'm sorry, all I heard was "we have already tested EDA on a 13' PCM..." WAYYY COOOOL!
    This is what I heard too, and just about did whatever the kids these days do when they're excited
    Jaeger-12 ram 3500, CCLB, 68rfe, 2" lift, 5" tbe, s480, traction bars
    The Roo Hunter- 93 w250, g360, np205, 4" lift, custom 3/8" bumper,

Cummins seem to change ECM's/PCM's every two years (or less).
    I don't know this for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if the 2016/2017 models have another controller again based on the update history (I hope not!)
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I think all this is pretty amazing considering how H&S said a couple of years ago that given the architecture of the CM2200 that simple SOTF timing wasn't even possible. Really looking forward to see what can be done with logging and SOTF tuning. As soon as transmission tuning and DTC management is available I'll be making making the switch from MCC to EFI on my modified 2012. Great work EFI!

I'm not sure what type of coffee Cindy has been feeding you Ross. But your blazing through this stuff compared to the past ones. The speed at which you keep releasing beta updates has been astounding. Great job if I haven't complimented you before now....

EDIT: That of course goes without saying, compliments to the entire EFILive Team...
    DraconianDiesel
    Dodge/Ford/GM Tuning
    2003 LB7 , 2006 LBZ
    2008 6.7 Cummins
    2008 6.4 Ford

Lifetime Member

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redbull_in_coffee_zps268fffef.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	17989

This comes to mind... Ross does that look familiar? lol

Quote Originally Posted by davematthews View Post
    But your blazing through this stuff compared to the past ones.
    There is a couple of things with the 2010+ ECM's, I think Cummins did a total rewrite of their code on these, the 06-09 was a bit of a mess the way the code was structured. I'm not criticising them but obviously when the base concept of the pre 2010 ECM code was thought out they might not have imagined it expanding as much as it needed to, it was probably started in 2002 or so.
    The 2010+ looks like they started from scratch, very logical, nice to work with and between the two ECM's there is differences but not like in the past which is why we chose to tackle both at once.
    But also like a lot of things you learn from the past, so when I started on the OS mods for these two new ECM's I already had a grand plan in mind knowing the pitfalls from the previous gen ECM's. Most of my time has been spent analysing the various OS's on the different truck combo's to see how we can make our life easier by making things universal between them all. Right now the 2010-2012 C&C trucks aren't looking good for CSP5, those OS's have used up just about all the flash memory they have.

Re the coffee comment, unfortunately that is true, I got loaded up on caffeine the other day and was still up at 4am in front of the PC......paid for that the next day when the kids got up for school at 7am (I am a light sleeper), but got plenty done that night.

Quote Originally Posted by davematthews View Post
    Great job if I haven't complimented you before now....
    Thanks, everyone here sure appreciates that.

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    I think all this is pretty amazing considering how H&S said a couple of years ago that given the architecture of the CM2200 that simple SOTF timing wasn't even possible.
    Well in fairness to them you never know what light bulb goes off in your head down the track to figure out how to get something done.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yes indeed. Great job team.

That is a great picture
    Jaeger-12 ram 3500, CCLB, 68rfe, 2" lift, 5" tbe, s480, traction bars
    The Roo Hunter- 93 w250, g360, np205, 4" lift, custom 3/8" bumper,

Lifetime Member

From today's newsletter...

Fleece Performance Engineering in conjunction with EFILive is pleased to announce a solution to switch off the Anti-Tuning measures for 2013-15 Cummins 6.7L ECM's. This solution eliminates the need to purchase additional hardware that will be used 'once only' to unlock the ECM prior to custom tuning.

This ECM unlocking service, offered exclusively through Fleece Performance requires users to remove the ECM and send it to Fleece Performance for their same day unlock service. The ECM unlocking service will be available from February 16, 2015, and is priced at $250.00 plus shipping.

All 2013+ (CM2350B) Cummins ECM's have been manufactured with very high level of anti-tampering security and require security manipulation before custom tuning can commence. Extensive joint development between Fleece Performance and EFILive delivers this unique unlocking service. All methods previously used to get around this type of tuning protection via the OBDII port do not work on the 2013+ ECM.

This joint project is the only solution EFILive will implement as custom one off hardware not suitable for end users has been developed. For further details on this ECM unlock service please visit Fleece Performance.

Cheers
    Cindy

edit found my answer
    Last edited by jkholder09; March 8th, 2015 at 03:11 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112