Thread: High idle when car moving

Default High idle when car moving

I had this problem before, and solved it, but it's back and I can't figure it out. The car will idle fine when it's stopped. But as soon as I'm moving, and push the clutch in or go to neutral, the car will idle between 1500-2000RPM. And it doesn't seem to do it all the time, just most of the time. I can't seem to find the table that would affect this. I can drive my idle air flows wayyyy down and get it to work, but then it also tries to die, and totally screws up the idle when parked. I have a 2001 Corvette Z06 with a C5R 427 motor. Which tables should I start with????

Thanks,
    Derrick
    1969 Camaro, LS3, 4L80E, Dana 60 rear, Air Ride, 19 and 20" wheels, Baer Brakes, and a lot more.
    2008 Charger SRT-8 Super Bee, Exhaust and Cold Air kit (Wife's car)
    2007 Yukon XL Denali, Family Hauler

http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l...i/69%20Camaro/

I had the same problem,But I have an auto.If I can remember I think I went to {B4309} Throttle Cracker Airflow & {B4315} Throttle Follower Airflow.Those 2 tables add extra air.So I zero'd out some of the lower RPM & MPH cells And look at where your TP % is low and maybe zero out some of those cells.You might not have to zero them out,Maybe just lower them,But start with those tables,I'm pretty sure thats what I did.I'm kind of new at this,So maybe somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.There's also B4311 & B4312 Its activate & deactivate Throttle Cracker, Have it come on at a different MPH & B4321 throttle follower TPS change have it come on at a different TP % ...............................Paul
    Last edited by driver456; April 30th, 2006 at 03:33 AM.

Lifetime Member

Lower your throttle cracer tables at the MPH you notice the hanging
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

I would suggest that you look at doing the idle tuning using the RAFIG PIDs first, before playing with cracker/follower.

I used to have a problem with idle hanging during coast and the Desired Airflow table certainly makes a big difference. Once that is nailed the Throttle Cracker is probably the next port of call as it adds airflow dependant on vehicle speed etc.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew