Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot liesnce controller no serial number

Default Cannot liesnce controller no serial number

I reflashed a E67 controller with tech 2 and it wiped out he serial number, I don't really care yet since I haven't licenced it! I just want to licence it so I can tune it! I pull PCM info the BCC and serial number fro the controller are all zeros, the BCC is ??? I tired licensing, and full flashing it, it says efi can write a new uquie serial number to it, if I full flash, so I tired to full flash, and it says the same error cannot license PCM, no serial number.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    I reflashed a E67 controller with tech 2 and it wiped out he serial number, I don't really care yet since I haven't licenced it! I just want to licence it so I can tune it! I pull PCM info the BCC and serial number fro the controller are all zeros, the BCC is ??? I tired licensing, and full flashing it, it says efi can write a new uquie serial number to it, if I full flash, so I tired to full flash, and it says the same error cannot license PCM, no serial number.
    Sounds like you reflashed an incompatible OS into the PCM and placed it into an unrecoverable unknown state.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I had a very similar issue with an LB7 just last night. After 2 hours of fighting and pulling fuses and disconnecting batteries I gave up. The ECM did not have a serial in it and when I tried to cal flash it it would tell me to please reset module and try again. Then when I tried to flash it with V7.5 I would just get bootloader issues.

Needless to say my next step is to try and pull it from the truck and then flash it. On the older controllers I have seen remote starters just cause nothing but pain (even though in this case I unhooked it from the obd port).

Your not alone. haha

Lifetime Member

The LB7 issue is very different. Some of the gas controllers use the same hardware, but OS year changes causes compatibility issues. Think of it like if you flash a 2004 LB7 into a 2002 LB7. TIS will allow you to do it, even though every time you do, you brick the computer.

The EFILive software has a compatibility table built in which checks the the 2 OSs are compatible and won't allow flashing of an incompatible file to save the ECM.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    What is the Service Number on the E67 that you used ?

What OS number did you flash with the Tech 2 ?

@cindy we had issues at my work ( Chevy dealership ) flashing lb7 ecm using our MDI. The gm hotline center told us for lb7 use the tech2 passthru to program the ecms due to the MDI Transfers data faster then the ecm can read and doesn't program 100% the tech2 loads slower allowing the ecm to accept 100% of the info. I wonder if the flashscan may be same issue and uploads data faster then the older ecms can download. ( just a helpful hint ) not saying it's true

djv86 - there is an option to use the slow data transfer method.

New to efi live need tips on how to use it

Quote Originally Posted by cullan.donald View Post
    New to efi live need tips on how to use it
    Which FlashScan do you have...?

Which vehicle do you have...?

I have a 2002 gmc dura max and a flash scan v2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast