Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help on making better lower end response.

I think you might want to look at your main injection timing. It is way too low in the lower end. IMO there is no reason for negative timing at all. I bet this truck is a smokey mess at low throttle and can definitely see why there is no low end power. I'm far from an expert so I'm not trying to be rude or anything this just stands out to me the most.

Also I would fix your throttle "position to desired fuel" F0505 and F0508 just make them linear across the board. For your injectors you might have too much pilot as well and I would advance the timing of the pilot about 2 degrees across the board.

I have attached one of my tunes I made for my buddys 06 5.9 its bone stock just as a comparison I think it can help you see what I'm getting at. Look at my timing calculator vs yours.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: ctz V8.ctz (762.4 KB, 279 views)

Quote Originally Posted by BigCE View Post

I think you might want to look at your main injection timing. It is way too low in the lower end. IMO there is no reason for negative timing at all. I bet this truck is a smokey mess at low throttle and can definitely see why there is no low end power. I'm far from an expert so I'm not trying to be rude or anything this just stands out to me the most.

why did you cut post injection and cut out pilot after 2400?? Just curious i seen this before and are you doing this to start the computer to use main timing instead?
    Also I would fix your throttle "position to desired fuel" F0505 and F0508 just make them linear across the board. For your injectors you might have too much pilot as well and I would advance the timing of the pilot about 2 degrees across the board.

I have attached one of my tunes I made for my buddys 06 5.9 its bone stock just as a comparison I think it can help you see what I'm getting at. Look at my timing calculator vs yours.
    why did you cut post injection and cut out pilot after 2400?? Just curious i seen this before and are you doing this to start the computer to use main timing instead?
    2006 Cummins Red, Auto to Nv5600, SBC 3600, Traction Bars, Visor, Running Lights, S&B Intake, ATS intake horn, EFI Live, Borg Warner S363 Turbo, Industrial Injection Dragon Fly Injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerltr450 View Post
    The computer always uses "main" timing, pilot timing is degrees before main timing not from TDC but "X" amount before main injection.

In my experience they respond better to only one injection event the best at higher rpms to make peak power. I usually dump it off after 2400-2600rpm ish, you cant even tell its gone unless you are free reving it in park. Then I just focus on the one event. This isn't a max effort tune keep in mind, its a strong tune but not everything its got strong. If I had to guess 125hp ish I dunno.

Interesting. Im gona have to try and write something up with that and see how the truck likes it.

I always use the full maps but always looking at something different.
    2006 Cummins Red, Auto to Nv5600, SBC 3600, Traction Bars, Visor, Running Lights, S&B Intake, ATS intake horn, EFI Live, Borg Warner S363 Turbo, Industrial Injection Dragon Fly Injectors.

I will take a look at ur tune as comparison to mine bigce

I do not post much but I will try to help you a bit here. I also made a couple changes to your tune and will send it back to you. Your boost fuel limiter will need a little work, also you have a awful lot of main us for injectors that big. I would pull back to the 2200-2400 range and slowly move from there. I made changes to your base timing table only you might try that and see how it runs. Take a close look at limiters you have quite a few places that could use some work. For example you are commanding more timing than you have your limiter set to allow, there are also some fuel limiters that could use some work . I changed your boost equivalence table a bit , you will see it in the file I send you. Keep on making small changes and you will figure out what works for your set up and what does not.
    Last edited by Backhoe man; February 22nd, 2015 at 06:24 PM.

with that pulse width I had in that tune. what u think hp wise it could have made?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12