Thread: Remote AutoCal Setup

Default Remote AutoCal Setup

Has anyone ever set up an AutoCal remotely for BBX (BBL)? I'm assuming it is possible. I have a customer that bought a blank one from another dealer. I set up my V2 to BBX for the same pids and controller and looked at the resulting config file list in Explorer- then emailed my customer the files to put in the AutoCal's config tab. When he goes to "Select Pids" he gets a "config required" message. Any ideas?

is the autocal linked to youre v2 or the suppliers?
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

Quote Originally Posted by tokymon View Post
    is the autocal linked to youre v2 or the suppliers?
    Thanks for the reply tomymon-

It was a blank one- and is linked to mine now since he flashed a tune I wrote. I replaced my custom named pid list .txt file with one named "Options" (straight out of my V2) and that got him to the record data screen- but still gets the "config required" message after that.
    Last edited by Trans Tuner; December 13th, 2014 at 03:48 AM.

Got it working, For anyone that needs to do it in the future-

1. Build the BBX, Tune and Read options with your V2 in V8 Scan and Tune
    2. Create a new folder where you want to save the config files on your desktop or wherever you can find them
    2. Open EFI Explorer and click on the "config" tab.
    3. Highlight all the config files in the bottom right window, and drag and drop the files into the folder you created in the top of your EFI Explorer window.
    4. Send them to a compressed folder and email them to your customer
    5. Help them unzip the folder to a fresh folder on their desktop, then have them drag and drop the files into their EFI Explorer "config" tab, bottom right window- with the AutoCal connected.

Lifetime Member

There is another way to this too. We recently added the Quick Setup, which allows you to configure the AutoCal, program BBL, and send tune files in one easy process.

Open V8 scan and tune, click on BBX, and select the quick setup.

Process instructions are fully documented under the documentation / tutorial menu on our website..

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks Cindy, page 11 in the newest EFILive AutoCal: Info for Tuners. It does help if you check out the latest docs