Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orange connectors

Default Orange connectors

Just got my V2. Was surprised that it only came with 2 of the 8 orange connectors needed to use the external inputs. E-mailed the dealer who sold to me but they said it doesn't come with all the connectors. I can't find them on EFIlive page either. I sent them an e-mail but since it's Saturday I thought I'd post to see if anyone could shed some light.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by twalterdmax View Post
    Just got my V2. Was surprised that it only came with 2 of the 8 orange connectors needed to use the external inputs. E-mailed the dealer who sold to me but they said it doesn't come with all the connectors. I can't find them on EFIlive page either. I sent them an e-mail but since it's Saturday I thought I'd post to see if anyone could shed some light.
    These ...

http://www.efilive.com/spare-parts/f...2-way-terminal

From the EFILive main page ...

Those are the connectors. Thanks for the link.

Aggravating that it does not ship with all the needed connectors. Even more so that then to use all the inputs you need to purchase another $20 of parts, pay for shipping (again), and wait for them to arrive. Wish it had either been mentioned at order time that you need to purchase 6 connectors separately or better yet include them in the shipping kit.

Lifetime Member

The product description ("FlashScan V2 Package Contents") tells you what you get "in the box" - it lists "2 x AD-2 external input connectors", along with the other contents in the box.

Kind of like purchasing a new large screen T.V. - these may have multiple HDMI ports - but don't generally come with multiple (or any) HDMI cables.

A little more research / reading may contribute to more realistic expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    The product description ("FlashScan V2 Package Contents") tells you what you get "in the box" - it lists "2 x AD-2 external input connectors", along with the other contents in the box.

Kind of like purchasing a new large screen T.V. - these may have multiple HDMI ports - but don't generally come with multiple (or any) HDMI cables.

A little more research / reading may contribute to more realistic expectations.
    Again, thanks for the link and for the rapid response. I don't want to get into a flame war, but my feedback and experience is the same. I did read the entire page on the details of the V2 product, I does not mention that it only includes 2 connectors (at least not that I can find), just discusses all the inputs. After digging a while to see if I was blind I went to the purchase page on EFIlive and when I expanded the details found the section you referenced. Fair enough.
    However I did research EFIlive on the product pages, downloaded software and tried it, read reviews... I did a good bit of research. I decided I wanted to get a DSP5 switch and some tuning help so I purchased from a reseller. On their site and on their order page it does not have a "what's in the box" details (or at least I have not found it). Additionally the picture on their site when you order shows a V2 with all the orange connectors, not just 2. Had it come without the USB cable I would not have been as surprised (though that was also in the picture) since the USB cable is a standard part I can pick up anywhere (heck I have 3 sitting in a drawer). Not including the connectors that are less common was not expected.

Either way, thanks for the link and for confirming it was not a packaging mistake. I can use the 2 connectors to check my sensors and wiring. I'll order the additional parts, they should be here some time next week.

Cheers

As a note to other reading the thread. EIFlive sent me a note with the part numbers
    Weidmuller part # 1597360000 (however in packs of 100).

I found the connectors on digikey and it looks like you can buy individuals. They are black but other than that I think are the same connector. DK# 281-1054-ND
    Convenient if you are also doing some other electronic wizardry at the same time.

For future reference:
    http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...1054-ND/263659

I have just purchased a V2 while attending the PRI show. I haven't received it yet but I am curious after reading this. What are those orange connectors used for? Should I purchase more than what comes with the V2?

Wideband analog connection... usually you only need one.

They are for the analog and digital inputs on the V2. The device comes with 2 connectors (hook up 2 sensors). As joecar mentioned wideband O2 is common (on gas). For my diesel you may have a thermocouple for EGT, analog for boost, analog for oil temp. Can hook to just about any external sensor (not already on the OBDII) or to monitor digital inputs (external fuel pump running, etc). Nice feature to have them logged in the same file as the on-board sensors. Enjoy the tuning and logging.

Thank you guys for clearing that up. I appreciate the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast