Thread: Pcm slight issue

Default Pcm slight issue

Alright guys I'll try to be as detailed as possible. The vehicle is an 05 silverado with an 05 lq9 swap. The truck when purchased was tuned with hpt and after a few attempts I was unable to pull the tune off so I decided too purchase a new ecm. I purchased the ecm and installed it. Went to license it and it was successful. After trying to flash a tune I got no data received $0101 I believe. So after checking fuses etc I noticed the battery wasn't very good on charge. Hooked it up to the charger and after messing around went to flash the tune on. It successfully erased the memory and then for 30 minutes the console said retry in previous block until it froze. Since then I've Installed a new battery and no matter what keep getting no data received. When I hook the v2 directly to the obd and no pc connected the v2 reads no vehicle detected. So I'm assuming the pcm is bricked. What are my steps for swapping the license once I get a new pcm. The v2 is fully updated and newest 7.5 and 8 software. My experience is mostly just flashing tunes on diesels so the whole gas world is completely new to me. Appreciate all responses gentleman and ladies.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Send a scanned copy of the purchase receipt for the replacement ECM to me at paul@efilive.com
    Also, include your V2 license backup file that can be generated using the V8 option: [F7: Licenses]->[Backup].

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Will do, I have another pcm in route already. I'll get you the email asap. Appreciate it sir