Thread: TUTD help needed please

Default TUTD help needed please

Hi Guys, I have a Nissan Patrol here with an stock LS3 and 6L80 from the same donor 2010 GTS Commodore
    It came to me with a Corvette T43 OS 24254909, calibration 24256124, and E38 OS 12635863, with calibration 12639269
    OK, so the first problem is, the Corvette LS3 runs the large tubular MAF sensor, and the Australian GTS runs the 85ml one piece type, so consequently it ran bad, until I made it mafless sd.
    The owner wants to run the MAf sensor for legal licensing requirements, and future conversions.
    ( I am reasonably proficient with E38 and T43 in std and heavy modified original vehicle applications, and have stream license blah blah...)

The next problem is the TUTD. The Patrol has been fitted with a 4.8 petrol type trans shifter which includes the factory style TUTD pattern.
    It came to me with a home made Corvette style resistor box, which had been taken out by the owner, because it didnt work, and he replaced it with the Holden type resistor board, which still didnt work.

I have read this forum and others inside out, and found some very interesting comments and diagrams from guys like 400ss and others, and realised that it wont work with the Holden setup, without a BCM.
    I have checked out the home made box and it seems correct, I made some changes and it seems to be switching correct, although I dont know the correct voltages the trans is meant to receive.
    I will try and explain what I have.
    Pin 7 from the TCM is a purple wire, and this comes up to a 2 pin plug near the shifter which includes a pink wire having 12v ignition.
    From what I make of the Corvette diagram is, if that 2 pin plug were disconnected, the trans would only ever be in Normal mode
    If you were to insert a 8.25k resistor in that plug, you would get Sports mode
    If you then touched both sides of that resistor with a 4.42k resistor, you should get a Tap Up mode, and with a 1.5k, tap down ( assuming you were driving along in drive)
    I havent actually tried that, but I do have the resistor box connected like that, and if i insert my voltmeter into that 2 pin plug connected, I get these voltages
    Drive = .08v
    Sport = .63v
    Tap up = 1.555v
    Tap down = 2.913v
    Can anyone verify that these voltages are correct please????

So next, I Full flashed a LS3 GTS tune into the E38, and then eventually got the VATS to work (thanks to forum)( and the engine ran near perfect), and then only flashed a Holden T43 (not fullflash) as I couldnt get the Full Flash to highlight, and then read here you have to do that in V8...... doh..., and also read I could switch to hardwire and it would all work ok. I tried everything and couldnt get it to work.
    So I have now full flashed Corvette E38 back in and flashed Corvette T43 back in to see if I could get Corvette style to work.
    Interestingly the TUTD was disabled, and was listed as CAN type. i changed this to enable and hardwire, and it still doesnt work.

From what i have read here, the Corvette OS should work OK...... Am i missing something?????
    Or have i got the resistor box wrong
    Has anyone had any luck with this either with Corvette or Holden OS ????

Any help much appreciated

Lifetime Member

Do a full flash on the E38 with the 2010 GTS as you said, this will be your base tune for the engine, do a full flash with a 2010 corvette with auto transmission..
    The resistor box should work for tap up tap down, with the gear selector in PARK-REVERSE-NEUTRAL-DRIVE-HERE..
    what kind of pads are you using? if you cant make it work with the resistor box you have, you will need to try one like this: http://www.speartech.com/product_p/tssb.htm

Thanks 400ss, when i first began to make changes, I did full flash the GTS e38 tune, and tried it with the Corvette T43, but they wouldnt communicate.
    Are you saying if I full flash the T43 as well, they should communicate???
    Also, do you think its correct, the way i am selecting Sports mode??
    That is, i run the 12v ignition through the transmission selector switch ( the sideways action from Drive), activating the 8.25k resisitor???
    The diagrams you put on another post dont actually show this...
    Somebody else mentioned you have to pull the selector rod another notch, but I cant see how you can do this, with a factory type shifter, unless the sideways movement actually does pull the rod further.... I had better check this out.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
    Thanks 400ss, when i first began to make changes, I did full flash the GTS e38 tune, and tried it with the Corvette T43, but they wouldnt communicate.
    On the E38 Keep the GTS STOCK TUNE, this way will be easier to tune the engine as it will be the base tune,, on the Transmission, why it wouldnt comunicate? what it does? try a 2011 corvette A6 tune. full flash it with GM tech2 or GM MDI
    Are you saying if I full flash the T43 as well, they should communicate???
    Try fullflashing it with tech2 or MDI
    Also, do you think its correct, the way i am selecting Sports mode??
    That is, i run the 12v ignition through the transmission selector switch ( the sideways action from Drive), activating the 8.25k resisitor???
    The diagrams you put on another post dont actually show this...
    Send me the diagram youre using to check it out
    Somebody else mentioned you have to pull the selector rod another notch, but I cant see how you can do this, with a factory type shifter, unless the sideways movement actually does pull the rod further.... I had better check this out.
    The auto corvette shifter has P R N D AND S, you need to pull the selector rod another notch so it will be in Sport mode and will activate TUTD function.