Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2011+ TCM Full flashing

I personally had 2 A50 TCMs brick because it's not doing a true full flash apparently. Now I see Biodiesel trying to do almost exactly what I did and no one is telling him that's a bad idea. I had bought 2 TCMs one with A50-OS-24257093-TRANS-24258956.ctz on it and tried to flash A50-OS-24259875-TRANS-24259876.ctz and the TCMs are dead now! One died in truck and was on another OS, the other one was on the bench. I wouldn't recommend full flashing the TCM until true full flash is supported? I used tool only flashing and it's no way apparent that it's not a full flash. Since no one is telling you NOT to do this even after they were made fully aware of this is beyond me. Can you chime in Ross and let me know if you think it's safe to change OS's via a full flash on A50 in EFILive's current state?

I have not been made aware of any flashing issues with the A50, so what you wrote above is all news to me, I'm not sure what to suggest given nobody else has said there is an issue yet you are saying you've bricked two A50's. I'd like to hear from others who are full flashing A50's.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I have not been made aware of any flashing issues with the A50, so what you wrote above is all news to me, I'm not sure what to suggest given nobody else has said there is an issue yet you are saying you've bricked two A50's. I'd like to hear from others who are full flashing A50's.
    I opened a thread in the help desk, I even asked Andrew if I should pm you. I was assured you were fully aware. Anyway that makes two of us that are curious. I'm out 2 tcms, have one more on hand and was waiting for the update to allow full flashing. I have more info on the help desk, I'm really confused now. Has anyone changed the OS on a A50 that you know of? Each time at the end of flashing it said Error $06FF - Checksum Error.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    A50 TCM support covers 2009-2014. 2015 the TCM switched to a new controller which is also used on GM's new 8 speed gas vehicles.

Our next release will add mapping support for 2009-2010 TCMs.
    2011+ has reading and flashing support, but no parameter mapping at this point.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I'm planning on doing a Full flash as soon as I have the TCM. This week.

Did you use pass through or just the V2 when you had the issue?
    2011 LML 3500HD CC D/A 4x4
    2006 LBZ 3500 CC D/A 4x4 Sold
    2001 LB7 2500HD D/A 4x4 Sold

Just the V2. The second time on the bench I got the checksum error $06FF. So I figured leave it booted/ignition on and try flashing original controller OS. It won't communicate after that, Error: $0281 - No data received.

In earlier posts people mention going to the dealer because it won't full flash. So if it's suppose to handle changing the OS, what is the point of the full flash support?

Quote Originally Posted by durahax View Post
    I opened a thread in the help desk, I even asked Andrew if I should pm you. I was assured you were fully aware.
    Well I don't remember, he may have sent something, how long ago was this?

Each time at the end of flashing it said Error $06FF - Checksum Error.
    Ok, that shouldn't 'brick' the TCM, it just means the flash did not go in correctly and it failed the validation at the end of the process, the TCM should be recoverable.

It won't communicate after that, Error: $0281 - No data received.
    Is that still the case?

So if it's suppose to handle changing the OS, what is the point of the full flash support?
    Please stop being so negative in your posts, if you want us to help then please revise your attitude, it achieves nothing.

FWIW, the last revision to A50 Full Flashing was done on 17th Feb, 2014, it would be amazing to think that nobody else has full flashed an A50 in over a year, so I am going to assume for quite some time it has been working fine. Would you be willing to post here one of the tunes you've been trying to flash? I can test full flash it here on our A50.
    Last edited by GMPX; March 8th, 2015 at 11:35 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Just the V2. The second time on the bench I got the checksum error $06FF. So I figured leave it booted/ignition on and try flashing original controller OS. It won't communicate after that, Error: $0281 - No data received.

In earlier posts people mention going to the dealer because it won't full flash. So if it's suppose to handle changing the OS, what is the point of the full flash support?
    It was my understanding that only Cali is supported for the A50 2009-2010. Not full Flashing.

Well I don't remember, he may have sent something, how long ago was this?
    Feb, 5th 2015

Ok, that shouldn't 'brick' the TCM, it just means the flash did not go in correctly and it failed the validation at the end of the process, the TCM should be recoverable.
    I'll try again, but I've tried several times. It's like the TCM is unplugged, nothing at all. I'm just telling you what happened.

Is that still the case?
    Yes

Please stop being so negative in your posts, if you want us to help then please revise your attitude, it achieves nothing.
    Not sure how that question is negative, sorry if you feel that way. I'm being completely serious, what will full flashing do compared what it currently does now?

PS: I've been trying to be nothing but helpful. I even posted this on the help desk to try to fix it without posting on this thread. If you read the post you'll see what I mean. I also asked in the help desk if the files we already read out will be compatible with the full flash when available. Maybe you can clear this up for me. Whatever you need from me let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Biodiesel66 View Post
    It was my understanding that only Cali is supported for the A50 2009-2010. Not full Flashing.
    It was my understanding that the editor supported only 09-10 A50 OS so far. I thought we could still full read/write, I don't want to edit anything. I just had to flash the correct calibration that was on TIS.

Lifetime Member

Any chance you can Post the TCM Tune. A50-OS-24259875- Calibration TRANS-24259876 as?

The earlier tune posted has Trans: Calibration Part # 24259877. I can't use that one.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast