Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011+ TCM Full flashing

Lifetime Member

A50 TCM support covers 2009-2014. 2015 the TCM switched to a new controller which is also used on GM's new 8 speed gas vehicles.

Our next release will add mapping support for 2009-2010 TCMs.
    2011+ has reading and flashing support, but no parameter mapping at this point.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    A50 TCM support covers 2009-2014. 2015 the TCM switched to a new controller which is also used on GM's new 8 speed gas vehicles.

Our next release will add mapping support for 2009-2010 TCMs.
    2011+ has reading and flashing support, but no parameter mapping at this point.

Cheers
    Cindy
    What about the ability for full reads instead of cal reads?
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    What about the ability for full reads instead of cal reads?
    For the amount of work involved, which has the ability to significantly impact on existing functions, this is a low development priority.

When you measure that volume of work against the number of requests for this feature, it becomes unlikely support will be developed. I think the feature really is only suitable for 3 or 4 customers.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    For the amount of work involved, which has the ability to significantly impact on existing functions, this is a low development priority.

When you measure that volume of work against the number of requests for this feature, it becomes unlikely support will be developed. I think the feature really is only suitable for 3 or 4 customers.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I've had to send more than 3or 4 to the dealership for full flashes already, and I only do this as a hobby for fun. I'm not saying it should be raised to high priority, but I do think your underestimating how many people have needed this feature. At least we do have teh dealership option though to use when needed(just a pain to have to sit and tell them how to do it to get the flash you need).
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Ok what about this for a solution.
    The problem we have is the front end of the software is not configured for two read options, that was going to be the time consuming task. What about we just include two different scripts? The default is the cal only read that 99% of people will use, then we have another that you would need to manually rename each time the software gets installed that has the full read option?
    Eg, it might be called A40_R_FULL.obj, you need to delete the normal cal read script and rename that one to A40_R.obj.

That works, I can I test it, I got TIS and a A50 Bench harness.

That extra step is not an issue.

Thank You
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

I can test it here no problem, I'll do it when I can tie up my bench programming set up for hour

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I can test it here no problem, I'll do it when I can tie up my bench programming set up for hour
    You must have a big stove there at EFI LIve, always got a pot on there cooking up something
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Ok what about this for a solution.
    The problem we have is the front end of the software is not configured for two read options, that was going to be the time consuming task. What about we just include two different scripts? The default is the cal only read that 99% of people will use, then we have another that you would need to manually rename each time the software gets installed that has the full read option?
    Eg, it might be called A40_R_FULL.obj, you need to delete the normal cal read script and rename that one to A40_R.obj.
    Yes please, I am sure there are lots of us tuners out there that could make good use the full read feature and we'll be very happy with any "back door" method you guys can offer.

It will only be done once the next public release is out, please bump this thread if I forget to post the files in here within a few weeks.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast