Request to the EFILive guys (or anyone else who can suggest a better way). I just installed a lift pump on the truck. When I was figuring out my wiring I realized I had a "spare" relay in the stock underhood box labeled fuel pump. Turns out this is for the transfer pump if you have dual tanks. I don't so I figured I'd use the same relay. Already fused, even has "prime" contact in the box so you can manually jumper a wire to run the pump for priming.

It is factory wired to the ECU and from EFILive I can trigger a DVT to turn the pump on and off. I tried playing with the fuel settings but could not find a way to get the system to normally turn it on.

The custom digital output with the DSP will allow me to use that digital and swap pins but I'd rather directly use the one already wired (plus I have the other free for future playing). Also most of the input changes are not helpful. Ideal behavior would be:
  • Key-on, prime for 2 seconds and then turn off.
  • Engine running, pump on.
  • Engine stops, pump off.

Any mechanism to get this feature added or any suggestions on how to control the ECU pin another way? Would be handy for everyone adding a lift pump who does not have a dual tank setup (many of us). Really nice to have all the relays and fuses in stock locations if possible.